As a key member of the Payer Contract Analytics team, this individual will be responsible for performing data analysis to provide insights into AbbVie’s key customers across multiple channels of pharmaceutical businesses such as the Commercial Insurance channel, Medicare and Medicaid Channels.
The role requires collaboration with several stakeholders including Finance, Marketing, IT as well as field-based Account Managers. This individual in this role will help to ensure AbbVie has the appropriate pricing and contracting strategy in place for our current products, as well as future pipeline products.
Key Job Responsibilities
Responsible for communicating findings, results, and recommendations of analysis/ research across therapeutic areas to improve gross-to-net sales performance while ensuring the quality and accuracy of all analytical results. Key areas of functional scope include:
- Testing, refining, and researching analytical models to optimize forecasting models and methodologies.
- Developing an understanding of business strategies in each customer segment; build strong working relationships with business partners in each segment; understand how product strategy drives analytics required for each franchise
- Modeling customer response to potential contracting negotiations, new product launches, and changes in healthcare regulatory environment.
- Interfacing with key customers to share results of contract analyses, and influence decision-making
- Providing analyses via periodically generated reports on key metrics and trends to Sales and Marketing Leadership teams, and other internal customers.
- Gathering data from multiple sources (e.g., customer rebates, chargebacks, IQVIA, SHA etc.) and update existing analysis tools and core data.
The individual in this role should have the following background:
- Education: Bachelors or Masters degree in one of the following fields: Analytics, Statistics, Actuarial Science, and/or Finance
- Strong programming background (SAS, SQL, Teradata) to be able to query databases to obtain necessary patient and payer level information for analysis
- Working knowledge of multivariate statistics, analytical software and pharmaceutical data sources (IMS, Symphony Health, Truven, HIRC, etc.)
- Strong communication skills, both written and verbal, to influence peers and leadership on cross-functional teams
- Ability to work proactively and independently in a fast-paced environment, especially during key contract negotiations
- Minimum of 2 years of experience in financial modeling or data analytics in the pharmaceutical or related industry.
Significant Work Activities: Continuous sitting for prolonged periods (more than 2 consecutive hours in an 8 hour day)
Travel: Yes, 5 % of the Time
Job Type: Experienced