We’re a company that takes on the toughest health challenges. But we do more than treat diseases—we aim to make a remarkable impact on people’s lives. We are AbbVie, a highly focused research-driven biopharmaceutical company. Our ~50,000 employees are scientists, researchers, communicators, manufacturing specialists and regulatory experts located around the globe. We come up with new approaches to addressing today’s health issues—from life-threatening illness to chronic conditions.
About Human Capital Strategy
The human capital landscape is rapidly evolving, and the role of HR is changing significantly across industries. Advances in digitization, data, and workforce dynamics presents notable opportunities and challenges that HR needs to contend with –and fast. To succeed in this environment, the Human Capital Strategy function has been established within AbbVie’s HR organization with the ambition to guide Strategic Human Capital Decisions fueled by Data and Power AbbVie’s Human Capital Management processes with more Integrated Technologies and User-Centric Digital Capabilities. We realize our ambition through the following pillars of work:
- Drive our HR Strategic roadmap formulation and execution,
- Lead our HR information strategy, determining our vision and approach to data and technology, in service of improved user experience and optimization,
- Leverage data to inform human capital decisions and enterprise strategies, while also supporting AbbVie’s academic research collaborations, with a view towards positioning AbbVie as an industry HR thought leader,
- Develop a Human Capital Planning capability, leveraging workforce reporting, while aligning to other planning processes, and
- Continue maximizing third-party workforce investment and marketplace.
About Human Capital Data
The Human Capital Data (HCD) Team functions as the data management function of the organization. The goal of the team is to serve, advise, and equip stakeholders with key workforce information that will allow them to effectively perform and enhance their own work, while converting disparate data into actionable business intelligence to inform real-time, accurate, and defensible decision-making across the business. The HCD team works across the organization and provides the following solution areas:
- We provide clean, useful & accessible data which is used for data driven insights and analysis for all stages of the human capital lifecycle that is used for key decisions throughout the organization.
- We engage in human capital consulting projects with our business lines to solve some of their most challenging human capital issues.
- We provide Data modelling & transformation capabilities.
- We leverage industry leading data managements tools and database architecture techniques to model data for easy consumption for our downstream systems.
Reporting to the Manager, Human Capital Data, the Sr Analyst Human Capital Data will participate as a core member of the department, working closely with the team to provide data driven solutions and support to all HCD solution areas. The ideal candidate will have academic and/or professional experience applying data management techniques to guide decision making, process improvement, understanding of financial drivers and budgeting, and a desire to bring game-changing data modelling solutions to AbbVie’s people strategies. The successful candidate will be collaborative by nature, able to think creatively, and willing and eager to learn new things.
- Act as an internal consultant by understanding business needs, scoping data requests, synthesizing insights, and recommending solutions to key business partners in collaboration with other members of the HCD team
- Take a lead role in the creation of an advanced data warehouse focusing on maintaining existing data elements and explore data from other data systems
- Demonstrate exceptional judgment and discretion when dealing with highly sensitive people data
- Assist in performing analysis and regular reporting for stakeholders across the business
- Assist in developing presentations on metrics, reports, and analysis
- Manage multiple concurrent projects that require inputs from cross-functional stakeholders while balancing impact on business needs
- Leverage tools, such as Oracle, Tableau and Excel to drive analytics and enable client self-service on routine queries
- Continuous research and learning of new industry trends in Human Capital Analytics
You are energized by being part of creating a new capability, driving process, and change – at scale. You energize others with your drive and bring them along on the journey. You’re highly analytical and understand how to link data with the strategy and weave compelling stories. Having worked with different kinds of people, you know how to flex your style to the situation. You can consider issues from multiple perspectives and connect the dots on seemingly disconnected ideas.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent years of relevant work experience required
- Experience in fields such as analytics, database management, sales operations, finance, R&D, compensation, or related areas
- Strong executive presence with great attention to details and excellent interpersonal skills.
- Experience in managing / addressing escalations from senior leaders.
- Experience communicating technical results to technical and non-technical audiences
- Experience in database architecture & maintenance.
- Demonstrated advanced proficiency in MS Excel, PowerPoint
- Demonstrate intermediate proficiency in Tableau
Significant Work Activities: N/A
Job Type: Experienced