AbbVie’s mission is to discover and deliver innovative medicines that solve serious health issues today and address the medical challenges of tomorrow. We strive to have a remarkable impact on people’s lives across several key therapeutic areas: immunology, oncology, neuroscience, eye care, virology, women’s health and gastroenterology, in addition to products and services across its Allergan Aesthetics portfolio. For more information about AbbVie, please visit us at www.abbvie.com. Follow @abbvie on Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, YouTube and LinkedIn.
Senior Scientist I/II, Biologics ARD
Senior Research Scientist I/II, Biologics Analytical Research and Development, CMC Biologics Development
AbbVie (NYSE:ABBV) is a global, research-based biopharmaceutical company formed in 2013 following separation from Abbott. AbbVie combines the focus and passion of a leading-edge biotech with the expertise and capabilities of a long-established pharmaceutical leader to develop and market advanced therapies that address some of the world's most complex and serious diseases.
AbbVie Biologics Analytical Research & Development (Biologics Analytical R&D) is a global analytical sciences organization responsible for all CMC analytical activities related to the development of AbbVie's pharmaceutical products. Our scope includes AbbVie's diverse pipeline of innovative therapeutic biologic medicines and spans from the selection of Discovery candidate molecules through the transition of analytical methods and testing to commercial labs to support product launch. We are building a world-class team of scientists and leaders who will drive the advancement of industry-leading analytical capabilities and make meaningful contributions to advance AbbVie's pipeline of innovative medicines. Careers in AbbVie Biologics Analytical R&D provide unique opportunities to work with global and cross-functional teams to drive exceptional science and innovative product development strategies.
The biologics characterization group develops state-of-the-art analytical techniques for in-depth characterization of antibody drug conjugates (ADCs) and other novel biologic molecules using mass spectrometry and other advanced analytical techniques. We are looking for diverse candidates with strong scientific and leadership experience to join the AbbVie Analytical R&D team and can offer exciting and rewarding career opportunities for these candidates.
- Effectively function as a senior analytical scientist, generating original technical ideas and research or development strategies.
- Demonstrate creative 'out of the box' thinking to solve difficult problems and champion new analytical technologies to achieve project goals.
- Independently responsible for project science within his/her area of expertise on one or more project teams.
- Make significant contributions to project team and deliver results in a team-oriented setting and will work across scientific disciplines to drive programs through critical milestones.
- Generate new scientific proposals and lead those efforts. Anticipate and critically evaluate scientific or regulatory advances or competitive threats and respond with appropriate new strategies.
- Independently responsible for developing and executing state-of-the-art analytical methods that advance the development and characterization of ADC manufacture process, process-related variants and products.
- Routinely read and apply relevant scientific literature, and contribute to writing and the conceptual framework of publications, presentations, and patents. Effectively organize and present scientific plans and data.
- PhD (with 0-6 years’ experience) in scientific discipline (e.g., Chemistry, Biochemistry, or Biology) with previous laboratory experience.
- Deep understanding of protein characterization by mass spectrometry (e.g., peptide mapping, intact mass analysis)
- Practical Experience and strong knowledge of protein HPLC (e.g., SEC, IEX, HIC), capillary electrophoresis, and other separation techniques as applied to protein analysis.
- Maintain a laboratory notebook in compliance with Good Laboratory/Manufacturing Practices.
- Demonstrate independent problem-solving ability in science and technical proficiency.
- Must possess a solid understanding of protein chemistry and biochemistry, particularly as related to biologics drug development.
- Strong data and time organization/management skills coupled with strong interpersonal and effective communication skills for facilitating collaborations with a demonstrated ability to lead cross functional process development teams.
AbbVie is an equal opportunity employer including disability/vets. It is AbbVie’s policy to employ qualified persons of the greatest ability without discrimination against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex (including pregnancy), physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, marital status, status as a disabled veteran, recently separated veteran, Armed Forces service medal veteran or active duty wartime or campaign badge veteran or a person’s relationship or association with a protected veteran, including spouses and other family members, or any other protected group status. We will take affirmative action to employ and advance in employment qualified minorities, women, individuals with a disability, disabled veterans, recently separated veterans, Armed Forces service medal veterans or active-duty wartime or campaign badge veterans. The Affirmative Action Plan is available for viewing in the Human Resources office during regular business hours.
Significant Work Activities: Continuous sitting for prolonged periods (more than 2 consecutive hours in an 8 hour day)
Travel: Yes, 5 % of the Time
Job Type: Experienced
Recently viewed opportunities
You have not viewed any jobs recently.
Phishing scam alert
As an online job seeker, you could be a target of cyber (online) thieves seeking to secure personal information from you by sending you “phishing” messages. Please be alert to and protect yourself from phishing scams. Find out how you can avoid being a victim of job phishing scams.
For Internal Candidates only - Notice of Filing of Labor Condition Application
Equal Employment Opportunity | Reasonable Accommodation