Work collaboratively with technology and business groups to conceive, design and implement business technology solutions that solve significant scientific or business problems through the integration, visualization, and analysis of large and complex data. Investigate, identify, develop, and optimize methods, algorithms, and technologies to derive novel, competitive insights from disparate data sources or drive productivity and efficiency gains throughout multiple business areas. Contribute to advancement of technology in area of expertise. Develop productive collaborations and communications with other groups across multiple disciplines.
- Work alongside CADD (Computer-Aided Drug Design) specialists and other scientists to develop and optimize workflows on existing HPC and Cloud technologies, as well as investigate and propose new technologies to meet their business needs.
- Install and maintain existing custom, open-source, and licensed software in a Linux HPC environment.
- Manage Linux operating system on HPC environments, physical workstations, and lab instruments.
- Demonstrate high proficiency across a wide range of technologies related to the storage, transfer, integration, visualization, and analysis of large and complex data sets. Expertise in software development, data warehousing, statistics, and machine learning.
- Highly autonomous and productive in performing activities, requiring only minimal direction from or interaction with supervisor.
- May initiate new areas of investigation that are meaningful, reliable, and can be incorporated directly into a scientific or business activity.
- Direct mentorship of others.
- A primary author of publications and presentations.
- Bachelor’s Degree with 6 years’ experience; Master’s Degree with 5 years’ experience; PhD with 0 years’ experience. PhD preferred.
- Possess strong Linux skills
- Possess thorough theoretical and practical understanding of molecular modeling or similar discipline.
- Excellent written and oral English communication skills.
Significant Work Activities: Continuous sitting for prolonged periods (more than 2 consecutive hours in an 8 hour day)
Job Type: Experienced