The IME Program Manager is an experienced leader responsible for managing large global projects across disciplines and multiple manufacturing locations. This person has previous project management experience and is working on expanding into managing various projects. This individual provides leadership and coordinated project management for all manufacturing and/or technical activities needed to ensure successful tech transfer and commercialization of the assigned products by integrating the efforts of R&D, S&T, Quality, Supply Chain, Regulatory. After product launch, this individual is responsible for managing the capacity strategy for the product, assurance of supply programs and cost reduction initiatives across the network.
- Assemble and lead matrixed cross-functional teams comprised of scientist and engineers responsible for all operational aspects of process development, manufacturing, quality assurance and quality control spanning multiple sites
- Implement site transfers, new indications, new presentations and lifecycle projects for on market programs on time and within budget
- Proactively identify and drive technical and project plan related issues to closure by working with all relevant functional lines and effectively troubleshooting and driving decisions
- Manage multiple projects concurrently, operating with minimal supervision
- Understand project drivers, requirements, scenarios and options. Proactively drive development of contingency and/or risk mitigation plans.
- Manage competing timelines and make difficult decisions regarding priorities among projects.
- Effectively communicate and present project status to Operations senior management and stakeholders
- Accountable for setting program and project plans, including timelines and expenses, that meet business and organizational objectives and ensuring those plans are achieved.
- Define budget requirements and report monthly actuals, LBE, and Plan/LRP schedules per financial schedule
- Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering, science, or closely related discipline, or equivalent technical experience plus demonstrated competence
- 10+ years of combined experience in positions related to process development, project management, engineering/process support and manufacturing
- Must have strong knowledge of GMP Manufacturing, Supply Chain, Validation, Engineering, CMC technical development and pharmaceutical regulations
- Must have demonstrated organizational and planning skills, excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Must have demonstrated strong project management skills with successful delivery of projects
- Must be able to effectively facilitate the resolution of complex scientific, technical, analytical and business issues across functional lines
- Plant experience a must
- PMP certification a plus
- Proficiency in multiple languages a plus
AbbVie is an equal opportunity employer including disability/vets. It is AbbVie’s policy to employ qualified persons of the greatest ability without discrimination against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex (including pregnancy), physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, marital status, status as a disabled veteran, recently separated veteran, Armed Forces service medal veteran or active duty wartime or campaign badge veteran or a person’s relationship or association with a protected veteran, including spouses and other family members, or any other protected group status. We will take affirmative action to employ and advance in employment qualified minorities, women, individuals with a disability, disabled veterans, recently separated veterans, Armed Forces service medal veterans or active-duty wartime or campaign badge veterans. The Affirmative Action Plan is available for viewing in the Human Resources office during regular business hours.
Significant Work Activities: N/A
Travel: Yes, 20 % of the Time
Job Type: Experienced