Primary Job Function:
The incumbent will be responsible for analyses related to both the Bona Fide Service Fee (BFSF) and Fair Market Value (FMV) processes. The individual will play a key role in understanding the FMV Tool, Fee-for-Service (FFS) contracts and their impact to Government calculations. In conjunction with, managing projects related to BFSF and FMV with the 3rd party vendor and cross-functional teams within AbbVie. The incumbent must possess an ability to manage multifaceted responsibilities, along with building cross-functional relationships with Supply Chain Trade Marketing, Brand Management, MABI, Commercial, Legal and OEC. The incumbent is expected to serve as a BFSF/FMV subject matter expert/liaison for all internal and external stakeholders. This includes helping to identify, establish, develop, and implement appropriate processes to maintain compliance for AbbVie US with all state and federal government laws and regulations. The individual will be expected to work independently with minimal supervision, have a high level of organizational and project management skills. The US federal and state governments are significant customers of AbbVie; ensuring patients covered under their numerous healthcare programs have access to our medicines. Medicaid is one of the largest of these programs. AbbVie contributes to the success of this program by providing discounted prices on our products which means regular fair market evaluations for BFSFs to ensure compliance. Adherence to OEC policies and procedures, including periodic training modules and certifications, will be required.
Core Job Responsibilities:
Responsibilities will include, but not limited to:
- Ensure compliance with laws governing Medicaid and BFSF programs are within AbbVie’s written policies, procedures, and standards of conduct.
- Maintain procedural documentation as required by changes in legislation and business practices.
- Manage the end-to-end process on the BFSF SharePoint site as well as within the program, Contrax, with the use of Adobe Quick Sign. Heavy project management.
- Manage and maintain BFSF/FMV 3rd party vendor relationship.
- Annually create BFSF/FMV purchase order (PO) to include managing budget transfers and reconciling the PO.
- Perform FMV evaluations related to FFS contracting.
- Interact with multiple layers of staff and management regarding BFSF and FMV.
- Update the desktop procedures and SOP as needed in addition to documenting reasonable assumptions.
- Perform ad-hoc legal, management, audit requests and other duties, as assigned.
- Conduct the BFSF/FMV training for business partners.
- Support and test government system upgrades, SQL reporting queries and/or enhancements impacting the area.
- Documenting and reviewing key processes with an eye towards improvement.
- Interacting continuously with Supply Chain Trade Marketing, Brand Management, MABI, Government Pricing team members, Legal, OEC as well as external customers as needed.
The incumbent is responsible for supporting various contracting teams and ensuring timely and accurate BFSF/FMV analysis. The incumbent is an experienced individual contributor and is expected to assume full accountability for areas of responsibility with only minimal supervision and technical guidance. The incumbent must be able to act independently and demonstrate sound business judgment within the scope of defined guidelines. This position will report to the Manager, Federal/State Government Contracting.
3+ Years of progressive Contracting/Finance/Accounting or related business experience.
The candidate must also possess the following skill sets:
- Strong organizational, analytical, problem solving, and planning skills.
- Robust attention to detail in the creation of documentation.
- Ability to review and identify data and document discrepancies.
- Extensive interpersonal skills to include excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Strong personal computer skills including experience with Microsoft Office Suite of products as well as Adobe.
- The ability to manage and coordinate multiple activities and due dates, often with shifting priorities, under tight timeframes.
- Highly motivated self-starter, who can translate broad directions into high quality analytical output.
- Ability to gather data from a variety of sources to use in document and report preparation
Bachelor’s Degree is required; BA/BS in Finance/Accounting or similar Business discipline is preferred.
Significant Work Activities: Continuous sitting for prolonged periods (more than 2 consecutive hours in an 8 hour day)
Job Type: Experienced