The Manufacturing Security Engineer is responsible for security administration and maintenance of AbbVie manufacturing control networks. They work with cybersecurity personnel, systems owners and site BTS / Engineering staff to implement secure system architectures, mitigate cyber threats and vulnerabilities, and perform routine activities related to the periodic review of manufacturing systems and maintenance of security standards and procedures documentation. They are well-versed with security technologies such as firewall logs, IDS, endpoint security solutions, access control systems, and other related security technologies within the manufacturing environment.
- Work with architects to shape security controls, systems, remote access and architecture for AbbVie manufacturing infrastructure according to defined requirements
- Implement and configure the IT/OT network controls to protect the manufacturing environment
- Perform integration activities such as design, install, configure, test, commission and handover to manufacturing asset owners
- Facilitate the partition of systems under considerations into zones and conduits
- Conduct testing and evaluation of new cybersecurity technologies and controls
- Recommend security products, services and procedures to enhance manufacturing system architecture designs
- Partner with AbbVie Attack Surface management team, Global Automation and site personnel to deploy vulnerability mitigations and patches on manufacturing systems or compensating controls
- Identify potential risks (operational, quality, safety, business etc.) of implementing patches
- Perform periodic maintenance of manufacturing security infrastructure
- Perform network segmentation and relevant activities to ensure network integrity is protected
- Provide inputs to support the fulfilment of incident response processes
- Partner with other stakeholders to shape mitigation strategies for cybersecurity threats
- Deploy appropriate asset management solutions to assist in asset discovery
- Escalate non-compliance of configuration of assets for against established baselines throughout the assets' life cycle
- Verify that all connected IT and OT assets in the AbbVie manufacturing control networks are taken into account and categorized according to criticality
- Partner with infrastructure, information security and site personnel to test or evaluate cybersecurity impact of changes to assets
- Bachelor's Degree with 7 years experience; Master's Degree with 6 years experience; PhD with 2 years experience in the pharmaceutical industry preferred.Required: Bachelor's Degree Computer Science, Information Systems, Telecommunication, other related field. Preferred Certifications: GICSP, CISSP, CCNP, MCSE, CCIE
- IT experience with Fortune 500; 5000+ nodes.
- Demonstrated knowledge across infrastructure disciplines and technologies. Demonstrated systems integration/industrial networks expertise. Demonstrated expertise in manufacturing domain.
- Provides technical thought leadership within the IME organization. Provides technical leadership in both business-as-usual and crisis conditions. Responsible for briefing Management on topics ranging from risk analysis, financial implications, to crisis management. Leads cross-departmental projects. Recognized for sound judgment and leadership.
- Delivers technology solutions and works on complex technical problems and provides solutions that are highly innovative. Develops technical ideas and guides their development into a final product.
- Erroneous decisions or recommendations may result in failure to achieve critical organizational objectives. Works under management direction to achieve organization objectives, uncover, and resolve issues.
- Assignments are typically self-initiated; individual is self-directed.
- Supports AbbVie Operations Worldwide. Demonstrates a strong customer-centric approach, an empathy for global cultural differences, and excellent communications skills. Responsible for Technology evaluations. Leads the development of AbbVie MCN Strategy.
Significant Work Activities: Continuous sitting for prolonged periods (more than 2 consecutive hours in an 8 hour day)
Travel: Yes, 15 % of the Time
Job Type: Experienced