- Responsible for compliance with applicable Corporate and Divisional Policies and procedures.Work in partnership with clinical teams, functional areas, and Abbott Affiliates, worldwide to resolve critical and complex financial and/or resource issues. Ensure corrective action is implemented as appropriate.
- Responsible for training and managing the daily activities of Clinical Analysts, Payment Specialists, or Data Specialists including performance reviews, merit, growth plans and any other HR related activities, as well as assigning workload and rebalancing priorities as needed. Assess workload and headcount needs based on study timelines and complexity of study and site issues. Responsible for consistency of performance management, definition of performance metrics, assessment of training needs,
- (continued from line above) and development of coaching or mentoring plans supporting performance management.
- Ensure global clinical budgetary activities are managed according to the study operational plan and are in accordance with the timelines and company objectives. Anticipate and identify issues that could affect timelines and work to develop alternative solutions by overseeing the clinical trial budgetary or resource forecasting and analyses utilizing multiple forecasting and reporting systems including: Quantum, PBR, eR/OSS, IMPACT, GrantPlan, and various modeling software.
- Provide input to senior management on long-range resource planning and budgeting to meet departmental and project needs. Identify and communicate issues that impact worldwide resource allocation and provide solutions.
- Drive the integration of electronic systems within CPRM and across affected departments as they pertain to and support study payment activities and reduce overall operating costs.
- Oversee the creation, implementation and training of staff on new processes, technologies, and systems (i.e., study budget/payment management tracking and reporting tools).
- Facilitates interpretation and understanding of data in all systems including generation of reports as needed for senior-level management.
- Minimum Education:Bachelor's degree required (Business or Science). Master's/MBA desirable
- Experience Required:• Five (5) years of clinical research experience. • Three (3) years of supervisory experience or experience in mentoring and training junior staff.• One (1) year experience in contract or budget development, negotiation, and management.
- Skills Required:• Strong management and organizational skills• Excellent teamwork skills• Demonstrated leadership ability• Strong written and oral communication and interpersonal skills• Strong budget/finance experience• Excellent problem-solving skills
- • Creative thinking skills• Demonstrated strong negotiation skills• Strong understanding of Microsoft Word, Excel, Microsoft Project, Lotus Notes
Significant Work Activities: Continuous sitting for prolonged periods (more than 2 consecutive hours in an 8 hour day)
Travel: Yes, 5 % of the Time
Job Type: Experienced