Senior Manager Program Management – Strategic Initiatives and Innovations
As part of Global Customer Excellence, within the Strategic Initiatives & Program Management Office (PMO), the Senior Manager acts as the program manager for several key strategic projects, focusing on Compass as well as Customer Intimacy & Innovation (CI&I), working closely together with the Global Innovation Lead. This role works with a diverse, cross-functional team of experts across functional and geographic boundaries without direct authority, to deliver and sustain business solutions to complex problems.
The Senior Manager will utilize effective program management tools and methodologies for evaluating, executing, managing, and closing out key projects of the portfolio and drive cross-functional team effectiveness.
- Drives execution and implementation of key projects, like Compass and CI&I, to achieve outcomes short and long term.
- Works with Functional Leadership teams to manage project roll-out; expertly manages stakeholder expectations, scope of projects and ensures sustainability, focusing on key projects like Compass as well as CI&I.
- Responsible for key project deliverables and delivery including timelines, risk matrix, dashboards, and communication plan.
- Evaluates strategic risks of business initiatives, recommends actions, and develops plans to cope with various scenarios.
- Synthesizes input from multiple disciplines, functions to discover best problem solutions in total business context.
- Applies technology in innovative ways to anticipate or address customer needs.
- Within the context of the assigned projects, responsible for building and sustaining the day-to-day relationships and communications (including project briefings) with business partners at various levels of the organization, including executive level and Brand Teams, as well as other internal and external resources.
- For assigned projects, responsible for directing, managing, and coordinating the work of team members (internal and external).
- Promotes operational excellence best practice and knowledge sharing across GCEX global, area and affiliate teams.
- Strengthen Innovation capability building in Global/Area/Affiliate Brand Teams by utilizing our AbbVie Innovation approach
- BS/BA in related business, finance, technology, or related discipline
- Minimum of 5 year of experience in executing large, cross functional or global initiatives using a project management framework within business operations preferably in pharma or consulting.
- Embraces new ways of working and can influence others without direct reports.
- Proven track record of success being a high-level independent and team contributor to lead multiple projects and processes.
- Strong communication skills both oral and written required. Ability to craft compelling business cases and stakeholder presentations.
- Keen awareness to cultural nuances; proven ability to work in a global environment
- Comfortable and confident in interactions with multiple stakeholders across multiple business units, including senior leadership.
- Demonstrated capability to foster high levels of trust and credibility with internal business partners (Brand Teams, Areas, Affiliates) and with external vendors.
- Proven ability to effectively manage through ambiguity; creates structure and alignment with limited direction.
- Experience analyzing complex business problems and facilitating the design of innovative solutions. Expertise in standard process design, use case gathering or design thinking/innovation methodologies desired.
- Innovation experience (training and application) with brands/external customers. Leadership skills focused on influence and ability to motivate action from others. Ability to toggle between expansive and reductive mindsets.
- Advanced Digital expertise with virtual meeting platforms such as ZOOM, Microsoft Teams, etc.)
- Front of room presence to lead & facilitate
Significant Work Activities: Continuous sitting for prolonged periods (more than 2 consecutive hours in an 8 hour day)
Travel: Yes, 5 % of the Time
Job Type: Experienced