Responsible for the development and implementation of US and Canada regulatory strategic and tactical planning (RSTP) for assigned on market products or those products in development.
Assures that regulatory strategies defined within the GRPT, are effectively implemented and maintained in line with changing regulatory and business needs.
This individual identifies and gathers data needed to support filings, responses to inquiries, and registration maintenance to enable commercialization of products that are developed, manufactured or distributed to meet relevant US and Canada regulatory requirements.
- Responsible for a product(s) or products with multiple driver indications within a Therapeutic Area and supports the Manager (Global Regulatory Lead (GRL), Associate Director, or Director), in the development & execution of the regulatory strategy. Assigned matters may have a moderate impact on business activities and operations.
- Serves as HA liaison and interfaces with FDA for meetings, teleconferences and coordinates preparation and completion of FDA meeting briefing packages and responses. Advise internal customers who may contribute to regulated communication on Regulatory/FDA issues including Public Affairs, Clinical Development, Legal, and others such as Commercial.
- Functions independently in negotiation and decision-making for project related issues that have cross-functional impact. Assists in the development,training of staff members.
- Key contributor responsible for the preparation and review of regulatory submissions consistent within US and Canada regulatory requirements and guidelines and assures complete and timely response to Health Authorities during application review.
- Supports the regulatory submission and approval process. Broadly applies regulatory/technical knowledge of government regulations and skills across therapeutic areas.
- Recommends and implements changes to difficult projects based on knowledge and expertise, accurate interpretation of US and Canada government regulations, guidances, as well as corporate policies and management-related considerations.
- Presents pertinent regulatory information to appropriate cross-functional areas.
- Operates in compliance with regulations, company policies, procedures, and guidance in alignment with regulatory product strategy and the Quality Dossier Program (QDP).
- Required Education: Bachelor’s degree (pharmacy, biology, chemistry, pharmacology) or industry related.
- Preferred Education: Advanced Degree a plus Certifications a plus
- Required Experience: 6 years Regulatory, R&D, or Industry-related experience.
- Preferred Experience: 2-3 years in pharmaceutical regulatory activities
- Skill set: Demonstrates excellent negotiation skills, problem solving skills and builds consensus.Demonstrates effective communication skills in written and oral channels both within Regulatory and across the organization.Able to deliver challenging messages effectively without compromising important business relationships.
- Skill Set cont'd: Proven skill at implementing successful US and Canada regulatory strategies regulatory strategies. Experience working in a complex and matrix environment. Global regulatory experience is a plus. Experience interfacing with government regulatory agencies.
At AbbVie, we value bringing together individuals from diverse backgrounds to develop new and innovative solutions for patients. As an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer, we do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex (including pregnancy), physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, marital status, protected veteran status, or any other legally protected characteristic. If you would like to view a copy of the company’s affirmative action plan or policy statement, please email CorpJat_ABV@abbvie.com.
Significant Work Activities: Continuous sitting for prolonged periods (more than 2 consecutive hours in an 8 hour day)Keyboard use (greater or equal to 50% of the workday)
Travel: Yes, 20 % of the Time
Job Type: Experienced