AbbVie (NYSE:ABBV) is a global, research-driven biopharmaceutical company committed to developing innovative advanced therapies for some of the world’s most complex and critical conditions. The company’s mission is to use its expertise, dedicated people, and unique approach to innovation to markedly improve treatments across four primary therapeutic areas: immunology, oncology, virology and neuroscience. In more than 75 countries, AbbVie employees are working every day to advance health solutions for people around the world. For more information about AbbVie, please visit us at www.abbvie.com. Follow @abbvie on Twitter, Facebook or LinkedIn.
Reporting to the AML Ven Director, Global Marketing, this position supports the development and execution of the marketing strategies and tactics at the Global, Areas, and Country-Affiliate level. Collaborates and engages with a matrixed team, which includes (but not limited to): market access, medical affairs, finance, regulatory, legal, supply operations, health economics, clinical development, R&D, public affairs, medical and regulatory review, patient relations, business insights, OEC, and sales training.
Conceptualizes and implements Global Brand Insights and Strategy. Handles marketing team budget. Supports global brand team meetings. Leads/develops strategic business plans. Applies market dynamics contributing to the development of the product indication forecast, annual plan and LRP. Provides input for business development/alliance projects. Learn more about what it takes in this role below!
Key Responsibilities Include:
- Develops and articulates effective marketing strategies that provide impact, are executable, easily communicated, and clinically/financially supported for areas of responsibility (AML Launch)
- Monitors and leads global marketing programs and activities within budgeted constraints while understanding the fundamental aspects of financial performance.
- Effectively directs research team efforts in primary and secondary research projects and understands the healthcare business environment including familiarity with global markets and payers, distribution channels, and pricing strategies.
- Demonstrates ability to segment a market, select optimal target audiences and position effectively for the target segment.
- Continually evaluates and applies knowledge of the effectiveness (share impact/ROI) and efficiency (expense control) of promotional tactics.
- Effectively leads projects to deliver high-quality work product in a timely fashion to meet deadlines and commitments.
- Ensures that regulatory and compliance guidelines are followed.
- All these responsibilities will strongly contribute to a successful follow-up of VEN AML Launch.
- This position requires strong leadership competencies, specifically in terms of influence management, effectively gaining consensus for new approaches, leading through ambiguity and effectively handling multiple partners.
- Outstanding interpersonal skills with emphasis on leadership, relationship development and influence skills, and the ability to work in a fast paced environment.
- Strong business writing and oral communication skills with experience in presentation development are required.
- Outstanding social skills
- Skilled at planning, project management, time management, communicating, decision-making, organizational relations.
- Achieve results through people (matrix organization).
- Achieve the respect of peers and management for their level of knowledge, insights, contribution, engagements and delivered results.
- Ability to engage with and motivate Area and Affiliate Brand Team leaders.
- Willingness to travel at least 30%
- Bachelor's degree in Marketing or related field.
- MBA desired.
- Prior experience in Pharmaceutical Marketing and launching pharmaceutical products [must-have]
- In Market-experience ex-US, in particular Europe
- Experience in Oncology is desired, but not mandatory
- Experience in the analysis of financial and market results to optimize business plans; ability to assist in the development of financial plans
- Understanding of attributes of other functional areas and impact of relevant decisions. Knowledge of marketing concepts within strategic planning process.
- Diverse experience in various functions such as Sales, Marketing, Account Management, Medical Affairs, Finance, Business Development is desired.
- Knowledge of applicable regulations and standards affecting Pharmaceutical Products
At AbbVie, we value bringing together individuals from diverse backgrounds to develop new and innovative solutions for patients. As an equal opportunity employer, we do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex (including pregnancy), physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, marital status, protected veteran status, or any other legally protected characteristic.
Significant Work Activities: Continuous sitting for prolonged periods (more than 2 consecutive hours in an 8 hour day)
Travel: Yes, 20 % of the Time
Job Type: Experienced