The Senior Manager Global Learning is a strategic partner and value-adding Global Learning Subject Matter Expert who supports an assigned brand team(s). Serves as an expert in therapeutic knowledge, curriculum development, performance excellence, capability building and change management to develop high impact, integrated learning strategies, tactics and plans which enable AbbVie to be ahead of the curve. As a key business partner for the assigned brand team, this individual will incorporate the Global Integrated Brand Plan within Integrated Global Learning Plans utilizing foundational standards while injecting innovative and forward-thinking learning expertise that will support execution excellence upon implementation.
- Subject matter expert to an assigned brand team that acts as a strategic partner either supporting a GBT OR as a member of the GBT. Assess and understand cross functional learning needs to develop and deliver effective integrated learning plans aligned with brand strategy and tactical plans to support execution excellence.. Effectively propose/manage brand budget aligned to the lifecycle of the brand and learning needs for the brand.
- Building relationships and partnering with key stakeholders at Global, Areas and Top 12 Affiliates to gain agreement and co-create Oncology Learning Materials to support execution of the global learning plans. Leads monthly Global Learning Exchanges for area/affiliate alignment and co-creation. Manage key contacts for area/affiliates.
- Maintaining a high level of Continuing Professional Development in Learning & Development, keeping up to date on industry trends and best practices
- Conducting vendor evaluations in partnership with purchasing to ensure the right vendor is selected for optimal project development
- Selecting vendors and maintaining strong partnership with vendors to develop content aligned with brand strategic and tactical plans within budget
- Acting as medical/regulatory lead to gain appropriate approvals for end user use
- Planning, developing and executing material roll out through internal communication plans and train the trainer programs to support execution excellence of learning content
- Ensuring learning content is assessable to end users via Campus and/or Brand Excellence Academy in addition to Veeva. Manage all curriculum content to ensure it is all up-to-date and relevant within all platforms and all stakeholders understand where to find the brand aligned learning materials
- Ensuring content development is aligned to global learning “standards” for consistency across therapeutic areas maintaining a “standard core curriculum” while also customizing to business needs
- Managing global certification process
- Measuring impact of global learning tactics to ensure value is delivered to the brand and to cross functional partners in addition to supporting execution excellence within Area and Affiliates
- Challenger expert to support brand teams development of Challenger messaging. Supporting development of challenger workshops as well as facilitate workshops.
- Effectively collaborate and communicate with colleagues in varying levels of responsibility including Product managers, Marketing Managers, Associate Directors and Directors of cross functional teams including Marketing, Medical, Access, HEOR and US Learning in addition to area/affiliate learning partners and vendor partners.
- Demonstrate advanced communication, influence and marketing skills, while being sensitive to variable needs.
- Developing partnerships with strong emotional intelligence founded on trust, meeting needs and delivering upon expectations
- Engaging and fun to work with, stimulating others with enthusiasm, energy and a can-do attitude
- Leveraging internal and external learning network; be a valued and reliable partner
- Simplifying complicated content into easy to understand succinct messages
- Bachelor's Degree. MBA or related advanced degree is preferred
- Experience designing curriculums and creating training materials that demonstrates strong knowledge of curriculum design and content development
- Strong communication and master facilitation skills including the ability to deliver learning programs to multi-cultural audiences
- Networking with external key stakeholders, industry forums and learning specialists to inform a compelling and differentiated learning and capability strategy
- Strategic thinking & tactical business planning skills to diagnose needs, develop project plans and create learning content aligned to needs
- Seeking 7-10 years of combined learning, sales and marketing experience or related cross functional expertise (Grade 19 Sr Manager role)
- Developing the right learning curriculum aligned to business partners needs
- Designing Integrated Learning Plans aligned with Integrated brand plans
- Strong collaboration or experience within Areas and Affiliate/Top 12 countries
- Strong negotiation skills in achieving and consolidating cost efficiencies through vendor selection/supply management
- Demonstrated ability to develop strong partnerships with cross functional colleagues at varying levels including Product Managers, Marketing Managers, Associate Directors and Directors
- Proven ability to integrate business trends, brand strategies, and marketplace drivers into plans that drive competitive advantages for the organization
- Demonstrated success working in a highly matrix environment
- Consistently demonstrates the AbbVie leadership behaviors; Possess knowledge of the AbbVie business, our organization, our brands, our therapeutic areas, products, pipeline and competition
- Demonstrated knowledge of the Integrated Brand Plan framework with the flexibility to coach GBTs when needed (or demonstrate high level of aptitude to learn AbbVie’s strategic planning framework and coach to the framework). Appropriately integrate key elements into an Integrated Global Learning Plan
- Possess business knowledge of the bio-pharma sector including knowledge of the external environment, relevant stakeholders and our customers
- Open-minded and curious, combined with a highly innovative and creative approach, always and looking for opportunities to improve, and embed this behavior in the organization
- Expertise in strategic thinking and planning, aligning learning strategies and priorities based on critical business needs and strategies to add the most value
- Expertise in project management to support multiple priorities and integrate multi-functional elements into one learning plan connecting dependencies, without gaps or missing timelines
- Possess knowledge of leading-edge learning theories, practices, benchmarks, systems, technologies and digital learning
- Demonstrate effective, articulate communication skills (verbal and written), active listening, effective probing and facilitation skills
- Simplify, clarify and focus, bringing best practices in learning, acting with agility and being open to adjust and adapt; building a sustainable learning culture with learning agility
- Be a change agent who empowers others through advice and expertise in learning and behavioral change, including instructional design
- Manage learning programs and interventions from vision and strategy to implementation, delivery and facilitation; leveraging staff where required, and employing innovative approaches
- Be confident in coaching and comfortable giving and receiving feedback
- Apply a performance consulting approach through the effective application of the six elements of Performance Essentials
- Ensure optimal use of resources; measuring outcomes and analyzing available data sources
Significant Work Activities: Continuous sitting for prolonged periods (more than 2 consecutive hours in an 8 hour day)
Travel: Yes, 15 % of the Time
Job Type: Experienced