This is a new and exciting organization within the Advancit team of Business Technology Solutions (BTS). Our remit is to ensure that BTS is ready for the future while continuing to explore and address opportunities to improve what we do today. About Strategy & Continuous Improvement Team, our team is currently accountable for:
• Overall BTS strategy
• Strategic technology planning
• Establishing Capability frameworks, roadmaps and driving investment prioritization against the strategic imperatives
• Operating model transformation
• Talent and workforce strategy
• Learning Strategy and implementation
• AbbVie’s enterprise digital strategy
• Continuous Improvement
Many of these areas are greenfield and an excellent opportunity for us to shape the future of how AbbVie leverages data and technology to create a remarkable impact on patients.
As the Sr. Project Manager for Continuous Improvement, you will be a key contributor in the establishment of a Continuous Improvement (CI) team that will instill a CI culture, mindset and capability within Business Technology Services (BTS) enterprise groups.This team will challenge the status quo and integrate CI as an essential and durable business strategy. This includes, but is not limited to, focusing on improving processes that are already in place. In addition to managing select CI projects, you will help build the plan and change journey to ingrain a culture of continuous improvement within the BTS enterprise groups.
- Mission: Contribute to the definition, design and development of a continuous improvement service for the BTS enterprise group. Teach CI methods to various teams by directly leading them through initial projects. Develop CI self-sufficiency within each team. Provide ongoing mentoring support and expertise.
- Influence: Actively promote and demonstrate the value of a CI mindset and the benefits of using associated methods and tools such as those provided by Lean, Six Sigma, and Agile.
- Provide ongoing mentoring and expertise on continuous improvement methods, practices and tools, and related subjects such as Lean, Six Sigma, Agile. Research and stay informed about industry/practice trends and best practices and communicate within BTS. Network and build relationships with other CI teams within BTS-BTOs and AbbVie business teams to leverage capabilities and share learnings.
- Delivery: Use CI tools and methods to directly facilitate BTS enterprise teams’ efforts to identify CI opportunities then co-lead the delivery of efforts to achieve desired changes. Mentor teams in the establishment of sustained CI behaviors related to their products or services.
- Develop curriculum and deliver recurring structured and experiential Lean, Agile and CI concept learning to facilitate adoption of CI culture. Manage project delivery of identified CI efforts. Develop a model for establishing measures for monitoring success and making data driven decisions that can be used by BTS service owners to support a CI culture.
- Relationship Building: Build collaborative relationships and interact effectively and frequently across BTS, specifically with other BTS enterprise groups: BTS Analytics and Enterprise Information Strategy team to establish metrics for BTS enterprise groups for monitoring performance, effectiveness of CI efforts, and to help identify new CI opportunities; BTS Training to identify, develop and delivery CI related education; BTS Communications to foster a CI culture.
- Impact: Drive and make decisions that influence the financial, employee and cultural impacts to BTS and AbbVie. Establish measures for monitoring success and making data driven decisions within the context of a CI culture. Actively participate on, and align with, strategic programs that involve BTS operating model, strategy and organization agility.
- Culture: Consistently demonstrate AbbVie’s Ways of Working and Leadership Attributes to drive an organizational culture that is purpose driven, has high trust, focused on innovation and is nimble in its response to change.
- Bachelor's Degree or equivalent experience with 7 years experience; Master's Degree with 6 years experience in project management, process improvement, business systems analysis, software development or deployment, with experience managing projects
- Pharmaceutical or Healthcare experience preferred
- Proven ability to communicate and deliver results, actions, decisions, and concerns with little direction or supervision in a timely manner
- Demonstrated success as a collaborative team player; broad, diverse, cross-functional or cross-divisional experience, and ability to facilitate formal and ad hoc team meetings and build consensus and influence change.
- Ability to think strategically and creatively
- Six Sigma Green Belt, or similar project experiences, with 2+ years practical application of methods and tools.
- Background in education is highly desired
Significant Work Activities: Continuous sitting for prolonged periods (more than 2 consecutive hours in an 8 hour day)
Travel: Yes, 5 % of the Time
Job Type: Experienced