The primary objective of this position is to provide support and ensure US Commercial Operations processes are compliant with internal procedures, GAAP, and SOX controls. This position is responsible for consolidated reporting activities related to Monthly Close, Balance Sheet, and internal controls and policies across US Commercial. This position is also responsible for budgeting and reporting Industry Fee, Bad Debt, Incentive Plans, Human Resources, Capital and Project Expense, and other Administrative headquarter budgets. This position will interact with multiple Finance and Business stakeholders to ensure accurate reporting and planning for all planning and reporting cycles.
- Financial Reporting and Internal Control:
- Monthly, quarterly and annual close / reporting processes; ensuring accurate and timely reporting of monthly financial results in accordance with GAAP and reporting requirements from Global and Corporate requirements.
- Maintain SAP / SRM approval tables, Cost Centers and GL accounts per CFM 0060. Complete monthly audit ensuring accurate approval authority levels and Master Data
- Balance Sheet GRI/IR; investigate and clear by analyzing Accounts Payable, Accounts Receivables, Trade Accounts Payables, and Aging. Ensure accurate reporting for monthly Balance Sheet review.
- Drive to continue to enhance internal controls and ensure financial results are recorded in compliance with AbbVie financial policies, SOX and GAAP.
- Financial Planning and Analysis:
- Lead the planning processes [Plan, UPD, LBE and LRP] and monthly management reporting for Industry Fee, Bad Debt, Incentive Plans, Human Resources, Commercial Leadership Program, Capital and Project Expense and other headquarter departments; ensuring accurate and timely forecast with senior management input, to meet overall Division / Global / Corporate deadlines and deliverables.
- Ensure financial planning and reporting deliverables are accurate, clear and concise for Executive level review and approval, for above mentioned planning areas.
- Working closely with US Commercial Brand teams and other organizations (Operations, R&D, Corporate Admin, Business Technology Solutions BTS) on budget transfers and cross charges.
- Strategic Business Partnership:
- Support AGN integration in ABV SAP (OMI) and new financial systems (BPC) financial reporting system. Work with corporate functions, US Commercial Business Units, and planning groups to track progress, achievements, and risk in the projects.
- Work closely with FSS, Global and Corporate teams to develop and achieve optimal Finance Operating Model, Working Capital improvements, and drive compliance/audit readiness, monitoring and training.
- Decision Support / Special Projects -- Provide analyses for ad hoc or other business presentations that lend insight into key business drivers enabling senior management to adapt more appropriate tactics / strategy to meet both short and long term objectives.
- Be a strategic partner to US Commercial and provide clear and concise output deliverables that are Executive management ready.
- Financial Reporting Associate Director, US Commercial
- Effectively manage matrix relationships with US/Global/Corporate Finance, FSS, PSM, Internal/External Audit, US Commercial Leadership
- Bachelor’s degree required. Bachelor's degree in Finance or Accounting.
- Minimum 4+ years of progressive and related experience in Accounting and/or Finance.
- Ability to operate independently, lead multiple processes and meet tight deadlines while balancing competing priorities.
- Strong financial, analytical, and problem-solving skills.
- Excellent Excel & Power Point skills.
- Ability to work well in a team environment and build solid relationships with cross-functional stakeholders.
- CPA and / or MBA in Accounting or Finance
- Solid understanding of US Generally Accepted Accounting Principles “GAAP.”
- Experience with large Scale ERP and Planning systems such as BPC, TM1 and SAP.
Significant Work Activities: Continuous sitting for prolonged periods (more than 2 consecutive hours in an 8 hour day)
Job Type: Experienced