- Develops and achieves discipline strategy in alignment with functional goals and key business objectives. Collaborates with experts within function to integrate technical objectives into activities associated with accelerated development of new/improved products or technology.
- Advances technical expertise within function. Proactively demonstrates leadership by advising and sharing knowledge and expert opinions with subordinates, peers, and senior management. Mentors and trains functional colleagues and assesses current and emerging business challenges enabling functional goal achievement.
- Ensures quality and effectiveness of major project plans within function through sound design, early risk assessments, and implementation of fallback strategies.
- Sources and identifies emerging scientific and technological trends from multiple internal and external sources and assess relevance. Integrates trends into functional short-term objectives. Advances cross-discipline technology and direction through generation of data.
- Applies imagination and innovation by creating, inventing, and implementing new or better approaches, alternatives and breakthrough ideas that are valued by customers within the function.
- Shapes relationships with affiliates, subsidiaries, vendors, and industry peers in accordance with Abbvie Values, Vendor Management Office, and Purchasing to further the mission, vision and goals of the organization.
- Responsible for adherence to corporate standards regarding applicable Corporate and Divisional Policies, including code of conduct, safety, GxP compliance, and data security.
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent education in Science or Technology related field with extensive (typically 16 years) of related work; Master’s Degree or equivalent education in Science/Technology or PharmD or equivalent education with extensive (typically 14 years) of related work; PhD in Science/Technology or related field with typically 8-10 years of related work experience.
- Technical background in healthcare, laboratory diagnostics, medical devices or pharmaceutical companies.
- Proven ability to innovate with a history of new or improved technology solutions with remarkable impact on company productivity.
- Interacts well with diverse groups within function and maintains strong working relationships with internal and external collaborators.
- Demonstrated ability to influence others in areas of science and technology.
Significant Work Activities: Continuous sitting for prolonged periods (more than 2 consecutive hours in an 8 hour day)
Job Type: Experienced