AbbVie’s mission is to discover and deliver innovative medicines that solve serious health issues today and address the medical challenges of tomorrow. We strive to have a remarkable impact on people’s lives across several key therapeutic areas: immunology, oncology, neuroscience, eye care, virology, women’s health and gastroenterology, in addition to products and services across its Allergan Aesthetics portfolio. For more information about AbbVie, please visit us at www.abbvie.com. Follow @abbvie on Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, YouTube and LinkedIn.
Senior EHS Specialist - Loss Prevention
- Monitor regulatory requirements/trends, conduct impact analyses, and implement programs to ensure compliance with both regulatory and internal standards.
- Coordinate EHS activities across organizational boundaries and advise site management on the status of EHS systems.
- Develop and conduct training course material to meet the needs of the learner or business.
- Make timely decisions which reflect a consideration of facts and data at hand. Define the needs of various parties and negotiate agreements acceptable to all parties.
- Identify and promote process improvements that strengthen the EHS function and the overall organization and minimizes/eliminates risk
- Assess and quantify EHS risks and their consequences and implement appropriate actions.
- Communicate compliance status, key performance Indicators, trends, priority issues and business impact to key stakeholders.
- Conduct incident investigations, identify root causes, and implement improvement/action plans to prevent similar incidents from occurring.
- Lead and/or participate on cross functional teams to represent EHS objectives related to the subject matter and meet the team’s overall objectives and deliverables.
- Bachelor’s Degree (EHS related, Engineering, chemistry) plus 5+ years of EHS related experience or Master’s Degree (EHS related, Engineering, chemistry) plus 3 years of EHS related experience. EHS or Engineering professional certification is preferred, but not required.
- Working experience in implementing EHS regulations, conducting incident investigations, and managing cross functional teams.
- Ability to establish measurable project goals and implementation plans, balance conflicting work demands, and develop action plans.
- Ability to develop standards and/or policies that meet business objectives.
- Ability to actively listen, build, and maintain effective working relationships with internal/ external colleagues and stakeholders, and resolve conflict constructively.
- Ability to successfully manage project and programs.
AbbVie is an equal opportunity employer including disability/vets. It is AbbVie’s policy to employ qualified persons of the greatest ability without discrimination against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex (including pregnancy), physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, marital status, status as a disabled veteran, recently separated veteran, Armed Forces service medal veteran or active duty wartime or campaign badge veteran or a person’s relationship or association with a protected veteran, including spouses and other family members, or any other protected group status. We will take affirmative action to employ and advance in employment qualified minorities, women, individuals with a disability, disabled veterans, recently separated veterans, Armed Forces service medal veterans or active-duty wartime or campaign badge veterans. The Affirmative Action Plan is available for viewing in the Human Resources office during regular business hours.
Significant Work Activities: N/A
Travel: Yes, 25 % of the Time
Job Type: Experienced
Recently viewed opportunities
You have not viewed any jobs recently.
Phishing scam alert
As an online job seeker, you could be a target of cyber (online) thieves seeking to secure personal information from you by sending you “phishing” messages. Please be alert to and protect yourself from phishing scams. Find out how you can avoid being a victim of job phishing scams.
For Internal Candidates only - Notice of Filing of Labor Condition Application
Equal Employment Opportunity | Reasonable Accommodation