Senior Digital Designer
AbbVie, a biopharmaceutical company with 30+ leading brands and 48,000+ employees, is looking for a self-motivated senior digital designer, who requires minimum supervision, to join AbbVie’s digital brand team.
You’ll be responsible for all design decisions and the creative iteration of user-centric, omnichannel marketing materials for a pharmaceutical brand. You’ll collaborate face-to-face—and virtually, when necessary—with a cross-functional team that follows an Agile methodology. The team involves marketing leads, digital leads, data scientists, data engineers, business analysts, medical reviewers, copy writers, editors, designers, and developers.
You’ll love working in the modern, eco-friendly building with bright, open interior spaces. Time for a break? Grab a coffee or snack in the on-site Starbucks, enjoy a full meal in the tricked-out cafeteria (sushi Wednesdays and make-your-own-omelet Thursdays!), work up a sweat in the spacious gym, or take a stroll along the nature path on campus. And you’ll find it all in Mettawa, with a free shuttle to and from Metra + convenient access to I94.
This position offers a hybrid schedule with three days on-site and two days remote. The business hours are Monday to Friday, 9am to 5pm CT.
- Attend daily status meetings and working sessions and be able to articulate the objective and strategy for each project.
- Design infographics, layouts for emails, social media ads, web banner ads and websites.
- Present design concepts and UI functionality through wireframes and prototypes, using applications such as XD, Figma, and Sketch or other similar tools.
- Ideate, prototype, and test designs early on and work with developers and brand leads to ensure your creative solutions are operable, executable, and aligned with the strategy.
- Collaborate with writers to help visualize content and ensure that design and copy work together.
- Incorporate team’s feedback quickly and use market analysis, patient feedback, data analytics, and usability findings to tailor your designs to best meet our patients’ needs.
- Update and optimize existing creative materials using InDesign, Illustrator, and Photoshop. This includes production tasks such as updating layouts in InDesign, editing infographics in Illustrator, and retouching, compositing, and optimizing artwork in Photoshop.
- Understand the design ecosystem of an assigned brand and execute materials that are aligned with brand standards.
- Advocate for user-centric design and accessibility (WCAG) principles and articulate your concerns rationally.
- Set priorities with team leads to meet critical deadlines and comply with applicable client policies and procedures.
- Education + experience: Bachelor’s degree in design, advertising, or related discipline; 3-5 years of experience in digital design for various digital platforms.
- Technical skills: Proficiency in Photoshop, InDesign, Illustrator, and at least one prototyping application such as XD, Figma, or Sketch; ability to develop high/low fidelity wireframes and prototypes; awareness of trends in graphic design and digital technologies.
- Soft skills: A high degree of initiative to drive projects to completion in a fast-paced environment; the ability to absorb and respond to constructive feedback and turn projects around quickly when off course; the ability to present to large teams and articulate design decisions clearly.
- Portfolio: Provide a variety of design examples that reflect a strong understanding of digital design. Examples should include, but are not limited to, emails, social media ads, web banner ads, websites, and infographics.
Nice to Have, but not required:
- Experience creating websites in Adobe Experience Manager.
- Experience creating emails in Knak and SalesForce Marketing Cloud.
- Experience creating ads in Google Web Developer.
- Experience with HTML and CSS.
- Pharmaceutical experience: working in a highly regulated environment
- Experience working on an Agile team that follows a Scrum framework.
Don't worry, you’re not expected to know it all to apply for this position!
Fun Fact: AbbVie has won numerous awards, including “World’s Best Workplaces” five years running, “Most Meaningful Company to Work for in America,” and “Best Places to Work for Recent Grads.” AbbVie also made the DiversityInc Top 50 list.
Significant Work Activities: Continuous sitting for prolonged periods (more than 2 consecutive hours in an 8 hour day)
Job Type: Experienced