Proposed Job Title: Associate Digital Copy Content Manager
AbbVie is looking for an Associate Digital Copy Content Manager with experience in pharmaceutical advertising to join A3—AbbVie's in-house advertising agency. This position offers a unique opportunity to work outside of a traditional agency structure on high-priority digital initiatives following Agile methodology. You will work closely with a UI+UX Visual Designer, as well as a diverse group of strategic thinkers, including marketing, media, CX, data analysts, medical reviewers, developers, editors, and external digital creative agencies. As part of the content engine on a digital brand team, you'll be responsible for content creation and iteration for user-centric, omni-channel marketing materials for major pharmaceutical brands.
Reports to a Manager/Ad Copy-Pharma/Consumer.
- Implement and expand marketing strategy by creating content that engages the target audience, improves the quality of communication, and facilitates breakthroughs in innovation and differentiation.
- Write, edit, and generate content for a range of omni-channel initiatives, including social media ads, email, web banner ads, websites, apps.
- Understand the core claims and references of assigned brands and execute materials that are aligned with brand standards and cross-functional review processes (Medical, Regulatory, Legal).
- Collaborate with UI+UX Visual Designers to help ensure that copy and design work together.
- Update and optimize existing creative materials with iterative changes to meet business objectives.
- Incorporate stakeholder feedback quickly and use market analysis, patient feedback, data analytics, and usability findings to tailor your copy to best meet customers’ needs.
- Manage the delivery of compelling communications in a fast-paced environment to ensure projects are submitted accurately, on-time, and in compliance with pharmaceutical advertising standards, AMA style guidelines, and industry best practices.
- Attend daily status meetings and working sessions (in-person or virtual) with marketing leads and other stakeholders and articulate the objective and strategy for each project.
- The Associate Digital Copy Content Manager must be able to present to clients and manage content excellence in A3 client relationships as well as with agency account, project, and creative managers.
- Set priorities with team leads to meet critical deadlines and comply with applicable AbbVie policies and procedures.
- B.A./B.S. in a medical-related field (Biology or Chemistry), or a B.A./B.S. in Business, Communications or Advertising; or equivalent business experience within the pharmaceutical or related industry.
- 5+ years of experience in pharmaceutical advertising.
- Proven skills and experience in developing advertising and promotional ideas, concepts, and campaigns.
- Strong background in digital communications, including social media ads, email, CRM campaigns, and banner ads.
- Has a working knowledge of FDA advertising and promotion regulations and AMA style guidelines.
- Experience in researching, understanding, and interpreting medical and scientific literature and concepts – and translating this information into successful communications aimed at HCP and patient target audiences.
- Advanced written, verbal, and presentation skills; project management skills; and organizational skills.
- Independent and self-sufficient working style. Have a high degree of initiative to drive projects to completion in a fast-paced environment; and an ability to absorb and respond to constructive feedback and turn projects around quickly when off course.
Equal Employment Opportunity
At AbbVie, we value bringing together individuals from diverse backgrounds to develop new and innovative solutions for patients. As an equal opportunity employer, we do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex (including pregnancy), physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, marital status, protected veteran status, or any other legally protected characteristic.
Fun Fact: AbbVie has won numerous awards, including "Most Meaningful Company to Work for in America" and "Best Places to Work for Recent Grads," and made the DiversityInc Top 50 list.
Significant Work Activities: Continuous sitting for prolonged periods (more than 2 consecutive hours in an 8 hour day)
Job Type: Experienced