Purpose Statement (2-3 Sentences):
Describe the primary goals, objectives or functions or outputs of this position:
Clinical Analytics is an ambitious team of Data Scientists with a unique blend of Business, Scientific, and Machine Learning expertise that seeks to unleash the full potential of AbbVie’s data assets by bringing technology and/or data and insights to the forefront of decision making via fit-for-purpose data analytics solutions.
The Manager, Clinical Analytics is a strategic role within Clinical Analytics and is a primary conduit to the cross-functional leadership to identify opportunities across R&D. Drives Analytics innovation and experimentation to enable data-driven insights for complex business problems. Ensures consistency in analysis techniques and delivery against cross-functional analytics and visualization requirements. Accountable for gathering cross-functional input into the development of Advanced Analytics capabilities and ensures follow-through via robust project management and stake holder management.
List up to 10 main responsibilities for the job. Include information about the accountability and scope.
- Work side by side with cross-functional teams as an analytics consultant to strategize on how analytics can help evaluate the progress of clinical trials, as well as facilitate discussions around emerging risks; applies machine learning techniques to validate assumptions and predict future behavior
- Leads and helps establish the design principles and standards to ensure analytical work product is consistent across projects where appropriate and that user experience is optimized
- Leads both cross-functional innovation and functional process improvement initiatives and ‘lessons learned’ events
- Enables innovation through rapid prototyping and experimentation
- Influences the cross-functional stakeholders to identify opportunities to unleash the full-potential of data and analytics
- Enables data-driven insights to support of clinical development, including precision medicine
- Responsible for coaching and mentoring junior team members. May include direct supervision of staff
- Stays abreast with latest trends and innovation in the analytics space
- Acts as a technology subject matter expert and influences the Analytics technology strategy
- Ensures adherence to federal regulations and applicable local regulations, Good Clinical Practices (GCPs), ICH Guidelines, AbbVie Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs), and to functional quality standards. Stays abreast of new and/or evolving local regulations, guidelines and policies related to clinical development
List required and preferred qualifications (up to 10). Include education, skills and experience.
- Bachelor’s or Master's degree in statistics, mathematics, analytics, bioinformatics, data science or equivalent field with 6+ years (BS), 4+ years (MS) or 2+ years (PhD) of related experience
- Intermediate-level proficiency in R, SAS or other statistical packages. Intermediate-level knowledge of statistical and data mining techniques
- Intermediate proficiency with visualization tools like Spotfire, Tableau or equivalent
- Demonstrated project management skills
- Proven expertise with Machine Learning and other advanced analytics techniques
- Demonstrated effective communication skills. Demonstrated ability to communicate analytical and technical concepts in layman’s terms
- Demonstrated problem-solving and analytical skills
- Demonstrated history of successful execution in a fast-paced environment and in managing multiple priorities effectively
- Proven leadership traits with ability to lead and inspire staff, and to influence others without direct authority
Significant Work Activities: N/A
Job Type: Experienced