Senior Data Scientist, Clinical Analytics (Business Analytics)
Clinical Analytics is an ambitious team of Data Scientists with a unique blend of Business, Scientific, and Machine Learning expertise that seeks to unleash the full potential of AbbVie’s data assets by bringing technology and/or data and insights to the forefront of decision making via fit-for-purpose data analytics solutions. The scope and impact of Clinical Analytics continues to broaden as we constantly explore new opportunities to disrupt clinical development. We collaborate closely with stakeholders to outline the problem, explore solutions, refine opportunities, and deliver a product with a continuous innovation mindset.
The Senior Data Scientist – Business Analytics is a key strategic role for enabling analytical innovation and experimentation, developing data-driven insights for complex business problems across Clinical Development. This role leverages knowledge of clinical trials, market research, and competitive intelligence to drive advanced analytics. Proactively identifies risks, trends, and business questions and works with cross-functional leaders to determine the optimal approach to address them through data and analytics. Ensures consistency in the standard of quality in analytical techniques and the delivery of impactful insights for stakeholders.
- Develops a deep understanding of Clinical Development Asset Management and Operations
- Act as an analytics consultant and enables data-driven insights through advanced analytics to support Clinical Development Asset Management and Operations
- Delivers results and facilitates discussions around the status of the Clinical Development Asset Management and Operations based on relevant findings
- Identifies emerging trends and risks that could affect the clinical trial or program timelines and delivers analytics solutions to facilitate related discussions
- Drives the creation of statistical models to investigate challenges unique to each clinical trial or program
- Applies machine learning techniques to validate assumptions and predict future behavior
- Partners with key business leaders to develop strategic key performance indicators, metrics, dashboards, and reports
- Anticipates and identifies issues that could affect timelines or quality and develops options and solutions.
- Leads both cross-functional innovation and functional process improvement initiatives and ‘lessons learned’ events.
- Responsible for coaching and mentoring junior team members.
- Degree in statistics, analytics, mathematics, data science or equivalent field is required with 6+ years (BS), 4+ years (MS) or 2+ years (PhD) of related experience.
- Expert-level proficiency in R, Python, SAS or other statistical packages. Intermediate-level knowledge of statistical and data mining techniques
- Expert proficiency with business intelligence tools like Spotfire, Tableau or equivalent
- Demonstrated problem-solving and analytical skills. Proven expertise with machine learning and other advanced analytics techniques.
- Experience working with real world data is preferred
- Demonstrated effective communication skills. Demonstrated ability to communicate analytical and technical concepts in layman terms.
- Demonstrated history of successful execution in a fast-paced environment and in managing multiple priorities effectively.
Significant Work Activities: N/A
Job Type: Experienced