The US Commercial Business Technology Solutions is looking for a Sr Data Engineer who is responsible for the planning, design, build and deployments of US Commercial Data Lake project deliveries and building capabilities across AbbVie brands, and functions. Coordinates with IT Business Relationship Managers, Business Consultants, Solution Architects, Technical Leads, Developers, Business Analysts, PMO, business stakeholders, and System Integrator(s) to drive the US Commercial solutions through end-to-end delivery and completion. Manage and lead build teams to ensure alignment of key project activities and milestones for deployment and solution delivery. Oversee and ensure completion of business and project cut-over activities.
- Lead the planning, design, build and deployment of complex data onboarding and engineering projects from approved specifications, and subsequent iterations, using the operating model process and best practices.
- Work with business partners and stakeholders to understand data/reporting requirements.
- Design, develop and implement large scale, high-volume, high-performance data models and pipelines for Data Lake and Data Warehouse.
- Manage and lead the build teams to ensure that the technical solution designs, code reviews, data architecture, data models and deployments are consistent with the architectural vision.
- Work closely with Architectures and solutions team on data assessments and data gap analysis.
- Assemble large, complex data sets that meet functional / non-functional business requirements.
- Build and implement ETL frameworks to improve code quality and reliability.
- Build the infrastructure required for optimal extraction, transformation, and loading of data from a wide variety of data sources using SQL/NoSQL and AWS ‘big data’ technologies.
- Build analytics applications that utilize the data pipeline to provide actionable insights into customer acquisition, operational efficiency and other key business performance metrics.
- Work with stakeholders including the Executive, Product, Data and Design teams to assist with data-related technical issues and support their data infrastructure needs.
- Identify and address key constraints and requirements such as interfaces to downstream/ Upstream systems or packaged software.
- Work with Operations team for successful delivery and deployments handoffs.
- Working knowledge of message queuing, stream processing, and highly scalable ‘big data’ data stores.
- Create, manage & enhance data sharing matrix, catalog and dictionary across all systems and applications in our ecosystem.
- Experience with Data cataloging tool such as Alation is preferred, but not mandatory.
- Bachelor's Degree with 7 years’ experience; Master's Degree with 6 years’ experience; PhD with 2 years’ experience in the pharmaceutical industry preferred.
- Experience with BigData platform like Cloudera (CDH/CDP), AWS EMR, Hadoop, Spark, Scala.
- Experience with AWS services like EC2, S3, RDS, EKS, Lambda, API Gateway, IAM, etc.
- Experience with Cloud warehouse like Snowflake.
- Hands on Experience with at least one of each, relational and NoSQL databases, including Postgres, S3, Redshift/Spectrum, Cassandra, Marklogic, Dynamo DB, Neo4j, etc.
- Experience with at least one of the data pipeline and workflow management tools: IICS, Airflow, Oozie, Autosys, etc.
- Experience with AWS cloud services as a platform and as an infrastructure. AWS Certification (Cloud practitioner, Solutions Architect, Developer, SysOps, etc.) is preferred.
- Implementation experience of Azure DevOps CI/CD automations.
- Exposure with stream-processing systems: Storm, Spark-Streaming, Kinesis etc. preferred.
- Exposure with object-oriented/object function scripting languages: R, Python, Scala etc. preferred.
- Understanding of Statistics and machine learning concepts is preferred.
- Experience in Java, JMS, SOAP, REST, JSON, XML technologies and knowledge of Unix/Linux shell scripts is required.
- Strong understanding of the software development cycle and experience with Agile delivery.
- Communication and interpersonal skills, with proven ability to building trust.
- Interest in technology trends and application of technology to improve end user’s experience.
- Proven track record of effective product development leadership and managing risk and priorities.
- Strong problem-solving skills in a very complex area of high volume of transactions, with integration builds a per each application specific needs in the eco system.
- Broad knowledge of Business Technology Systems, with strong understanding of the relationship between business processes, applications, databases, operating systems, processing platforms, storage platforms, security systems and networks.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
Significant Work Activities: Continuous sitting for prolonged periods (more than 2 consecutive hours in an 8 hour day)
Job Type: Experienced