The Senior Data Analyst will perform various functions, including data collection and analysis to identify useful trends and provide management with relevant information that will facilitate informed decisions in the US Commercial Patient Services & Data – Business Technology Solutions (BTS) group. This role will involve analyzing and interpreting collected data using statistical tools. The Senior Data Analyst will interpret raw data and identify patterns to provide clarity to non-technical audience. This position will also create visualizations, including dashboards, flowcharts, and graphs to relay business concepts through visuals to colleagues and other relevant stakeholders. The Senior Data Analyst will be required to be involved in coding and generating reports along with identifying patterns in Commercial data lake and Datawarehouse environments and develop an understanding of U.S. Patient Services datasets and build strong working relationships with cross functional teams (Patient Services, BTS, MABI, and Compliance).
- Independently design and develop business technology solutions to produce data reports, find data patterns/trends and answer business questions through the integration, visualization, and analysis of data.
- Analyzing data using statistical techniques and supply data driven insights across patient services functional area.
- Assist in data quality and meaning of data, develop presentations on metrics, and reports.
- Discover and investigate root cause issues that highlight key business opportunities.
- Perform EDA – Exploratory Data Analysis for projects on ad-hoc request basis
- Partner with cross-functional stakeholders to gather requirements.
- Demonstrate ability across a range of technologies related to the storage, transfer, integration, visualization, and analysis of large and complex data sets.
- Demonstrate ability in combining data from multiple sources to achieve desired results.
- Effectively organize and present data insights, tailoring the format to match the audience.
- Produce reports (scheduled and ad-hoc) as needed, responding with accurate and complete data and analysis.
- Assist data/report consumers to navigate and understand the results.
- Identify and implement opportunities for continuous improvement.
- Partner closely with the Marketing Analytics and Business Insight team to develop and share data-driven communications, standards, and deliverables.
- Work effectively in a collaborative environment, and independently in a fast-paced, and changing environment.
- Bachelor's degree with 5 years of experience; or master’s degree and 4 years of experience in Information Systems or related field with 2 years of experience in the pharmaceutical industry is preferred.
- 2 years of experience in a data analysis, data science, or data reporting role.
- Competent in SAS programming, Python, and Structured Query Language (SQL).
- Familiarity with cloud technologies like AWS S3, Hadoop, Hive, Dataiku, Snowflake and Salesforce.
- Ability to interpret data, identify trends, and turn data into actionable insights.
- Ability to communicate effectively with both technical and business teams.
- Demonstrated ability to learn, understand, and master new methods and technologies.
- Must be deliverables-focused and meticulous.
- Must have a strong customer focus.
- Possesses ability to work on multiple requests in parallel by setting priorities, working independently, leading problem resolutions and functioning as part of a team that performs well under pressure.
- Thrive in a challenging environment and superior communications skills, both written and verbal.
- Ability to understand the commercial environment and business needs and translate to workable solutions.
- Knowledge of Patient Services preferred.
Significant Work Activities: Continuous sitting for prolonged periods (more than 2 consecutive hours in an 8 hour day)
Job Type: Experienced