Responsible for the development, implementation, and maintenance of specific environmental, health and safety (EHS) programs as assigned to ensure regulatory and internal compliance, reduce risk to the operations and employees, and minimize AbbVie’s liability. As related to the EHS programs assigned, the position will assess risk and will create programs, policies, procedures, assessments, and training materials as appropriate.
- Manage construction safety program including safety orientation, safety inspections, safety reports, safety investigations, fleet safety and warehouse safety.
- Align and integrate the EHS strategy with the supporting organization’s mission, goals, and strategies.
- Monitor regulatory requirements/trends, conduct impact analyses, and implement programs to ensure compliance with both regulatory and internal standards.
- Monitor EHS trends and develop recommendations for input into the EHS LRP
- Develop and conduct training course material to meet the needs of the learner or business.
- Make timely decisions which reflect a consideration of facts and data at hand. Use persuasive techniques to influence others without reliance on formal authority, define the needs of various parties, and negotiate agreements acceptable to all parties.
- Actively identify and promote process improvements or new processes that strengthen the EHS function and the overall organization and minimizes/eliminates risk.
- Assess and quantify EHS risks and their consequences and implement appropriate actions.
- Communicate compliance status, key performance Indicators, trends, priority issues and business impact to key stakeholders.
- Conduct incident investigations, identify root causes, and implement improvement/action plans to prevent similar incidents from occurring.
- Lead and/or participate on cross functional teams to represent EHS objectives related to the subject matter and meet the team’s overall objectives and deliverables.
- Bachelor’s Degree (EHS related, Engineering) plus 5+ years of EHS related experience or master’s degree (EHS related, Engineering) plus 3 years of EHS related experience. EHS or Engineering professional certification is preferred, but not required.
- Construction Safety experience required.
- Experience in conducting Ergonomic assessments preferred but not required.
- Working experience in implementing EHS regulations, conducting incident investigations, interacting with regulatory agencies and external organizations, and managing cross functional Teams.
- Ability to establish measurable project goals and implementation plans, balance conflicting work demands, and develop action plans including the identification of resource requirements.
- Ability to develop standards and/or policies that meet business objectives.
- Ability to actively listen, build and maintain effective working relationships with internal/ external colleagues and stakeholders, and resolve conflict constructively.
- Ability to successfully manage project and programs.
Significant Work Activities: N/A
Travel: Yes, 10 % of the Time
Job Type: Experienced