Provides direct support to QA Data & Strategy team within OES Quality. Applies relevant principles to support projects and ongoing activities. Completes tasks which support a project or functional team.
- Responsible for compliance with applicable Corporate and Divisional Policies and procedures.
- Uses appropriate tools to collect, correlate and analyze data; records and maintains technical data for use in developing operating and instruction manuals. Conducts tests; develops preliminary findings for review by experienced analysts. Assists in the development of standards and procedures. Prepares written reports of work. Applies and executes standard information systems theories, concepts and techniques.
- Determines approach and solution to problem when issue is within scope of own ability. Develops solutions to problems where casual relationships can be identified and precedents exist. Conducts training.
- Applies analytical thinking skills to diagnose and make recommendations on systems. Incorporates knowledge of business and technology to make recommendations. Translates data gathered from user discussions into business requirements. Identifies business/system needs and recommends solutions.
- Assists with the testing strategies and develops preliminary findings.
- Analyzes departmental processes and needs, and makes recommendations that are most effective means to satisfy those needs. Analyses the most complex work procedures and job methods and presents concepts to simplify those procedures.
- Work is performed and technical decisions are made with a high degree of independence and performance is judged by results obtained.
- Works effectively with team/group to accomplish organizational goals. Actively participates in client or team meetings by offering suggestions. Provides leadership to project planning.
- Monitors and organizes the efforts of technical and business support staff. Manages projects according to milestones and completes tasks assigned by more experienced analysts and managers. Guides the efforts of less experienced staff.
- Exercises latitude in approach to problem and solution. Work is reviewed for soundness of business judgement and to determine if overall results and objectives have been achieved. Errors or failure to achieve expected results may result in project delays and/or the expenditure of more resources than was planned. Regular assignments are completed with minimal supervision.
- Bachelor’s degree preferred or equivalent plus 5 or more years technical experience, or Masters degree plus 4 or more years experience or sufficient experience to demonstrate technical equivalency
- Experience in a Business System Analyst role
- Experience in systems testing and IT solution implementation required
- Experience leading small projects and initiatives required
- Experience working in Pharmaceutical or other regulated industry required
- Experience working within GxP environments required
- Experience writing documents contained within the Software Life Cycle preferred
- Experience working in Agile and Waterfall software development models preferred
- Excellent communication skills required
- Experience working on multiple projects at once required
- Experience working in a highly matrixed environment preferred
- Experience writing basic SQL a plus
- Experience with data visualization tools such as Qlik, Spotfire, Tableau and Power BI a plus
Significant Work Activities: Continuous sitting for prolonged periods (more than 2 consecutive hours in an 8 hour day)
Job Type: Experienced