AbbVie is at the forefront of cancer research, discovering and developing the next generation of treatments to address unmet medical need for cancer patients. Our strong pipeline includes both small molecule and biologic therapeutic approaches with first in class agents that target multiple pathways central to the growth and survival of both solid and hematological malignancies.
We are seeking a highly motivated and skilled Cell/Molecular Biologist and a proven track record of accomplishments to join our growing cancer research organization. This scientist will be part of a team dedicated to discovering and developing cancer targets and novel antibody drug conjugates. Applicants should have laboratory research experience and a strong desire to continue in a laboratory-focused role. Excellent communication and teamwork within a multi-disciplinary environment are essential.
- Investigate, identify, develop, and optimize assays and cellular models for interrogation of oncology biology, and perform standard biochemical, cellular, and molecular techniques
- Generate reliable and reproducible data in a timely manner
- Interpret results and draw conclusions from own multistage experiments and suggest, design, and pursue relevant experiments that further project goals
- Understand relevant scientific literature and apply theoretical framework to solving problems
- Independently schedule and prioritize workload to manage several tasks simultaneously and identify / utilize resources outside of own group
- Efficiently organize and present scientific plans and data at project team meetings
- Work as part of a multidisciplinary research team in an exciting, fast-paced environment under the mentorship of a supervisor
- Prioritize and manage multiple research activities and possess a broad range of technical expertise and knowledge in cancer biology
Position will be hired based on level of experience.
- Bachelors or Masters in cell or molecular biology, or a related field
- Typically 5+ (BS) or 2+ (MS) years of relevant experience
- Broad and versatile technical expertise in cell/molecular biology (e.g., flow cytometry, cell culture, gene editing, 3D or co-culture systems), biochemical assays (e.g., Western blot, ELISA, MSD, FRET), additional cell and assay techniques
- Experience in Oncology or in therapeutic development (small molecule or biologics) is a plus
- Independently drive new assay development
- Demonstrate the ability to independently design, execute and interpret critical experiments
- Proven track record of generating publication quality data and contributing to manuscript or patent preparation
- Highly developed communication skills and keen ability to engage internal and external team members in collaborative research
- Enthusiasm and passion for executing innovative scientific research
Significant Work Activities: N/A
Job Type: Experienced