AbbVie US Commercial Organization is looking for a Salesforce Marketing Cloud (SFMC) Developer to develop and implement campaigns, projects, & solutions within its Marketing Technology stack, with a primary focus on SFMC. This position is in the Patient & Consumer Marketing, Marketing Activation team and will play a critical role in AbbVie’s digital transformation journey to rapidly deliver high quality omni-channel experiences to consumers & patients across the whole US brand portfolio.
This position reports directly to the Associate Director, Patient & Consumer Marketing, Marketing Activation, and will work across multiple cross-functional partners including marketing operations, SFMC operations/squads/pods teams, technical product owners, SFMC & Solution Architects, and relevant marketing organizations
The ideal candidate will have exceptional SFMC development expertise, innovative problem-solving abilities, incredible flexibility, and a keen drive to learn, achieve, and optimize. This role will support and lead many activities including but not limited to solution & technical design, platform development, campaign & platform configuration and QA, technical documentation, and campaign & capability deployment.
- Build, develop, launch, iterate, and improve existing or new SFMC campaigns or capabilities.
- Develop bespoke SFMC solutions leveraging platform SDKs, development tools, APIs, etc.
- Validate and implement new & in-flight campaign and capability solution/technical designs.
- Identify technical design risks and develop creative solutions.
- Support audience creation and development with SFMC and other connected platforms.
- Create and execute test scripts and end to end testing.
- Debug and QA campaign and platform solutions; maintain and troubleshoot in-flight solutions.
- Provide rapid ad hoc campaign technical support for SFMC.
- Assist, as needed, in business requirement capture, grooming, and overall project documentation.
- Assist day-to-day platform governance, administration, and maintenance of the connected marketing activation platform.
- Collaboratively support SFMC data and reporting capabilities for key stakeholders.
- As it relates to SFMC and campaign deployment: support project management, scrum/delivery teams, and technical documentation.
- Activate marketing automation campaign metadata; standards / nomenclature / taxonomy, governance model and change management.
- Proactively recommend process improvements to optimize and grow the use of the platform.
- Support the delivery of marketing technology solutions.
- Bachelor’s Degree with 6 years’ experience; Master’s Degree with 5 years’ experience; PhD with 0 years’ experience.
- Work experience in the pharmaceutical industry, CPG, or other complex and/or regulated industries.
- Experience in CRM/Marketing campaign development and deployments.
- 2+ years of hands-on campaign deployment and/or platform development in SFMC with deep knowledge across multiple studios/modules, including:
- Email Studio, Content Builder, Mobile Studio, Journey Builder, Audience Builder, Ad Studio, and Automation Studio.
- Intermediate/Advanced knowledge of email development design, best practices, and delivery.
- Strong experience with SFMC integrations with Salesforce core and other relevant marketing and data platforms.
- Experience with SOAP and REST based APIs is required.
- Understanding of data warehousing, integrations, and modeling.
- Experienced with agile, DevOps, and the systems development life cycle and other related IT methodologies.
- Understanding of interactive email development and AMP4Email.
- Knowledge of Salesforce product suite including Salesforce 1, Sales Cloud, Service Cloud, Marketing Cloud, Platform, and the App Exchange preferred.
- SFMC Certified preferred.
- Experience working with NodeJS, jQuery, Custom Content Block SDK, and Custom Journey Activities and Events preferred.
Significant Work Activities: Continuous sitting for prolonged periods (more than 2 consecutive hours in an 8 hour day)
Travel: Yes, 5 % of the Time
Job Type: Experienced