AbbVie US Commercial Patient Services Organization is looking for a Salesforce Engineering Lead to be part of the Technology Solutions team in the digital transformation journey to lead the Development, Quality Assurance, Release and Operations of Patient Relationship Management platform for best-in-class patient service programs across all US brands.
This position is responsible to define the release plan in collaboration with product owner, program manager, business analysts & platform engineering team, lead the development team to deliver the features as per the release plan and lead the operations team to administrate & manage the production support & enhancements of the platform. This position is responsible to follow AbbVie SLC process to ensure compliance to deliver quality and validated systems. This position is responsible to demonstrate continuous improvement in the delivery of SFDC solutions. This person will stay on top of technology trends, agile project management and perform the required technical research and due diligence when necessary to recommend the use of new technology capabilities.
- Lead development, testing, release, and operations of applications built on Salesforce.com platform.
- Manage large technical team (onsite & offshore) of tech leads, project managers, DevOps engineer, developers, QA engineers, administrators and provide them necessary support to ensure final deliverables meet business objectives.
- Manage and oversee day to day activities of release team and ensure adherence to AbbVie standards in project execution methodology, quality assurance and continuous improvement.
- Work with stakeholders and develop delivery plan with dependencies and execute the plan for releases; monitor risks during release cycle & devise mitigation plan for risks, make sure dependent deliveries from other teams are aligned to meet the release timeline; effectively escalate issues, report release status, risks, and mitigation plans to program team.
- Meet with development teams regularly to ensure team has needed access, tools, and processes to complete their work, remove any impediments, get their feedback on areas of improvement and work with management to implement improvements.
- Ensure xompliance with applicable AbbVie Software development lifecycle Policies and procedures.
- Ensure engineering team follows the current delivery process and seek feedback from team to improve/optimize delivery process for sustainable, scalable, and repeatable delivery.
- Measure the quality of solution delivery & production operations; track and report the project spend; Capacity planning and resource optimization.
- Manage application operations, monitor operational metrics, SLAs, help prioritize issue fixes, review, and publish operational metrics.
- Able to work independently with minimal oversight; deliverables and relationships are monitored through periodic reviews.
- Maintain hands-on technical expertise by making technical contributions to the software development and QA processes.
- Proactively manage changes in project scope, identify possible crises and devise contingency plans.
- Oversee and provide estimates for all resources required to achieve project goals and manage assigned budget throughout execution of project.
- Bachelor's Degree with 7 years’ experience; Master's Degree with 6 years’ experience; PhD with 2 years.
- 5+ years of work experience in technical project execution on large enterprise projects, with experience in business requirements analysis, project management, solution delivery and operations.
- 3+ years of experience in implementing and delivering solutions built on Salesforce platform.
- Experience in implementing Salesforce.com solution with one of the following modules - Service Cloud or Health Cloud and Force.com is required.
- Experience with Salesforce.com administrator/developer/consultant certification is preferred.
- PMP/CSM certification is preferred.
- Exceptional communication and interpersonal skills, with proven ability to building trust, listen, and ask effective questions.
- Interest in technology trends and application of technology to improve end user’s experience.
- Proven track record of effective project leadership and positive results. Ability to self-manage time and priorities.
- Strong understanding of the software development lifecycle methodologies and experience with Agile delivery.
- Strong leadership, project management skills, budgeting, time management, and problem-solving skills.
- Broad knowledge of Information Technology Systems, with strong understanding of the relationship between business processes, applications, databases, processing platforms, storage platforms, security systems and networks.
- Excellent written, verbal communication skills and can effectively communicate with architects, leads and business.
Significant Work Activities: Continuous sitting for prolonged periods (more than 2 consecutive hours in an 8 hour day)
Travel: Yes, 5 % of the Time
Job Type: Experienced