Business Services Group (BSG) provides business support services across AbbVie to drive efficiencies, business outcomes and ensure compliance in the areas of meetings, congresses, hcp consulting and creative services. The Project Manager, BSG identifies opportunities and leads systems and process improvement projects across the BSG organization to deliver new capabilities, create efficiencies and deliver cost savings.
- Identifies gaps in current processes and leads continuous improvement initiatives
- Establishes and maintains a strong network within the department and external stakeholders.
- Gathers business requirements for new system enhancements and ensures business requirements are accurately translated into system requirements that enable the most efficient process
- Leads projects to implement system enhancements and develops capital long-range plan in collaboration with IT, and other vendors as necessary. Executes against plan and proactively manages risks and troubleshoots issues as necessary to keep the project on track
- Assesses and manages the impact of change across the enterprise and develops communication and training to support the change
- Manages project vendor relationships – creates statement of work, manages priorities, manages payments and annual budgets.
- Manages communication between department, Sr. Management, and project teams.
- Assesses performance against plans, processes, and practices to determine effectiveness and areas for process improvement
- BA/BS required with focus in Science, Business or Project Management preferable
- Minimum 5+ years of pharma experience (compliance, consultancy process, HCP regulations, transparency, accounts payable process, etc.). Pharma industry with a proven track record of exceptionally strong customer service and the ability to develop strong cross-functional relationships and communications
- Preferred knowledge of: Contracting, compliance, business systems associated with the consulting process, meetings, or creative agency practices.
- Proficient in Project Management methodologies and/or business excellence tools and techniques, Software: Excel, Visio, PowerPoint, SharePoint, Smartsheet
- Be self-directed and work well in a team / matrix environment
- Excellent communication (oral and written) and customer service skills
- Process oriented – ability to interpret high-level requirements and translate into efficient processes
Significant Work Activities: Continuous sitting for prolonged periods (more than 2 consecutive hours in an 8 hour day)
Travel: Yes, 10 % of the Time
Job Type: Experienced