The Program Compliance Manager is responsible for compliant activities related to global events and individual engagements planned within the Business Services Group. The Program Compliance Manager will ensure program and individual HCP compliance and/or transparency are completed per the requirements of global HCPs, HCOs, and patients in accordance with AbbVie HQ, Affiliate and functional policies, procedures and guidelines. The PC Manager will ensure business owners are aware of global and country-specific government regulations related to contract and hospitality and will ensure appropriate documentation is collected and stored. The successful candidate will also provide analytical, operational, and customer-centered support to all BSG stakeholders and internal team members.
- Ensure overall integrity of all BSG HCP interactions (regardless of if the planner is internal BSG or Vendor) for all conventions, conferences, stand-meetings, and individual consulting according to corporate and department guidelines and policies.
- Monitor and review country-specific policies and global regulations to ensure understanding and application are appropriately applied
- Liaise with BSG Meeting Planning, Reconciliation, Third-party logistics vendors, Business Owners and health care providers in matters related to contract and hospitality compliance for global interactions with HCPs, HCOs and patients
- Manage/Direct workload within workgroup from initiation through closeout. Provide clients with seamless customer service and a consistently high-level of quality.
- Monitor staff performance and consistency in accordance with corporate and department guidelines and policies.
- Oversees BSG staff compliance, identifies gaps and potential risks and develops individual and/or group plans to close gaps and mitigate risks
- Identify and manage project risks and issues and escalate compliance and financial challenges as appropriate. Lead innovations through lessons learned and best practice sessions. Continually build knowledge of relevant industry tools, trends and regulatory requirements. Participate in PC Steering Committee and provide input on BSG policy governance.
- Identify opportunity to enhance systems by being the voice of the compliance team for Atrium and Centris. Help define business rules and lead training and implementation within team. Secure necessary business rules to enforce compliance and develop and compile metrics to identify trends, report team progress and monitor performance.
- Research identify and lead team to resolutions for inconsistencies with compliance processes, BSG systems, and BSG compliance procedures. Manages overall Process Improvements, Change Management and Training for functional area.
- BA/BS required in business, communications, organizational management or related discipline. Master’s degree or equivalent related project or functional experience desirable.
- Proficient with MS Office Applications.
- 7-10 years of work experience in related field.
- Pharmaceutical or healthcare industry experience preferred.
- Collaboration: Expert in identifying barriers and developing solutions for collaborating with peers, internal stakeholders across all levels of the organization and external partners to improve relationships and work outcomes. Viewed by peers and stakeholders as leader within department cultivating relationships that build trust and collaboration.
- Communication: Excellent people and communication skills, ability to operate in a cross-cultural and complex matrix environment, able to build consensus across functions without direct authority, able to manage multiple priorities and businesses at one time. May coach others to enhance their skill set and able to present to large groups with considerable influence.
- Problem Solving: Seen as expert in innovative thinking, complex problem solving and process expertise to improve business solutions and efficiency aligned to BSG objectives.
- Customer Focus: Master in customer service and expert in adjusting and adapting service delivery to diverse customer needs and sensitivities. Seeks to improve service at every opportunity, e.g., TypeCoach methodologies when interacting with peers and stakeholders at all levels of the organization including Sr. Management.
- Technical Skills: Expertly and efficiently applies vast technical, systems and business process knowledge and prior experiences to current role. Leads others and acts as mentor for advice and solutions within the department, able to demonstrate and coach team to “raise the bar” as members of BSG PC.
- Exceptional leadership skills and demonstrated success in managing complex projects in a fast-paced environment.
- Analytical and innovated thinker, results-oriented, self-starter, highly organized
- Position represents the BSG organization as a spokesperson on major matters especially related to policies, plans and objectives. Interacts with senior internal stakeholders and external customers on significant matters often requiring coordination between organizations.
- Position interacts with Health Care Providers, Business Owners, Internal Auditors, Meeting Event Planners, Program Compliance Specialists, Tax, and HQ and Affiliate: Finance, OEC, Legal, Legal Privacy, and Medical Affairs as needed.
Significant Work Activities: Continuous sitting for prolonged periods (more than 2 consecutive hours in an 8 hour day)
Job Type: Experienced