AbbVie Information Security team is looking for a highly motivated and talented individual to join the Cyber Security Engineering (CSE) Team. The Cyber Security Engineering installs, manages, optimizes, automates the tools in use by the broader Information Security and Risk Management teams.
Data Management services are a foundation for the CSE team’s portfolio, inclusive of data transformations and pipelining to downstream systems. The CSE team acts as subject matter experts and assists with training and development of their userbase, expanding beyond the scope of Information Security and Risk Management.
This is a new capability within the Cyber Security Engineering Team, focusing on a section of the product portfolio, coordinating with stakeholders from across the company in addition to Information Security and Risk Management, and working with the scrum master and engineers on CSE team. Grow with us as Product Owner, Cyber Security Engineering (CSE) to raise our tools and skilled analysts so that they may help our business to continue to have remarkable impacts on people’s lives.
This role is responsible for maximizing the value of the product(s) resulting from the work of the team, predominantly focused on data management toolsets and the SIEM platform. The product owner explicitly communicates the product goal, and creates, orders, and communicates the backlog.
The ideal candidate must be comfortable to adapting and learning new terminology, processes, and techniques in use within Information Security teams and have a background in Scrum and Agile/DevOps methodologies and have a proven history of providing value to products.
- Accountable for the product to deliver on its business goals.
- Creates the Features, Epics, Stories; coordinating with Scrum Master(s) on upcoming sprints
- Be available to the Scrum team to talk through the optimal delivery of each story
- Provide backlog management, iteration planning, and elaboration of the user stories
- Work closely with AbbVie Product Management teams (when applicable) to create and maintain a product backlog according to business value
- Serve as the primary interface between business process owners/stakeholders and Agile Scrum development teams.
- Incorporate analysis of Help Desk support tickets and teams to help drive automated responses
- As needed, act as an escalation liaison between Tier 1 / Tier 2 support and the CSE team
- Document product increment goals and maintain product roadmap documentation
- Extensive knowledge of and experience with using Scrum framework
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Project management and time management skills
- Problem solving and conflict-resolution skills
- Ability to derive and communicate value based on user demands and stakeholder interviews
- Experience with process modelling (Visio or otherwise)
- Experience using Jira/Confluence or similar issue tracking and knowledge management platforms
- Strong experience working in a Scrum team
- Knowledge of data management tool/SIEM solutions
- Demonstrated experience driving value and maintaining priorities
- Certified Scrum Master / Professional Scrum Master
- Certified Scrum Product Owner / Professional Scrum Product Owner
- 8+ years experience in project management/product owner roles preferred
- Bachelor's Degree with 8 years experience or Master's Degree with 7 years experience in Marketing/Advertising, Business Administration, or Computer Science
This position is part of AbbVie’s Information Security & Risk Management (ISRM) team. We are here to put our partners in a position to succeed. We do it by providing the knowledge, tools, and support they need to effectively use data and technology while also effectively managing risk.
Significant Work Activities: Continuous sitting for prolonged periods (more than 2 consecutive hours in an 8 hour day)
Job Type: Experienced