The Product Manager role is responsible for the creation, operation, and evolution of the Veeva Vault product within the HCP & IFT solutions team. Reporting to the Lead, they will drive the product through the lifecycle, maximizing its business value and ensuring it meets the needs of the business at all times. Product Manager will play an advisory role in the implementation of additional content management products which continue to build on the team’s content life cycle capabilities.
- Responsible for planning and overseeing a portfolio of technology products from ideation to operation; including securing cross-functional alignment on project scope, benefits, cost, and timeline. Expected to work effectively across various IT shared services teams, external Marketing Agencies, and other Commercial business stakeholders.
- Proactively understand the business strategies and the technology needs of the business. Identify current and emerging business needs and evaluates technology solutions to balance short-term and long-term objectives. Understand both data and technology capabilities already in use across AbbVie and recommends appropriate application within their product portfolio.
- Lead the creation of data and technology roadmaps to support the strategic needs of their product. Ensure alignment between evolving business needs and corporate technology strategies. Propose, initiate, and lead programs that transform a processes or technology capabilities. Manage a portfolio of products; providing visibility to business and technology leadership on the status, benefits, costs, and risks of new requests and in-process projects.
- Develop comprehensive estimates and timelines by soliciting input and collecting feedback from all impacted stakeholders. Work across BTS and business functions to negotiate and secure the availability of resources to meet the demands of the business.
- Supervise a matrix team of Project Managers, Architects, and Analysts to deliver technology products to the business.
- Ensure that systems are architected in a way that results in technology synergies and simplified integration to help manage multi-vendor relationships and integrations. Effectively work with Associate Director and Director level business leaders across Sales, Marketing, Customer Excellence, Medical Affairs, Finance, MABI, and HEOR to drive for results. Act with urgency and passion and help others be successful.
- Responsible for compliance with applicable AbbVie Policies and procedures. Manage an IT investment budget of $0,25MM to $1MM. Work with minimal oversight; deliverables and relationships are monitored through periodic reviews.
- Bachelor's Degree with 8 years experience; Master's Degree with 7 years experience; PhD with 3 years experience. Experience including business analysis, project management, portfolio management, and strategic planning.
- 2+ years of experience managing or coaching employees.
- Veeva Vault Administrator Certification required.
- Exceptional communication and interpersonal skills, with proven ability to building trust, listen, and ask effective questions. Innovative thinking and the ability to leverage experience to be successful in an entrepreneurial environment.
- Interest in technology trends and application of technology to improve end user’s experience. Proven track record of effective project leadership and positive results. Ability to self-manage time and priorities.
- Working knowledge of IT pricing and contracting practices. Negotiation with IT suppliers and Marketing Agencies. Strong analysis and analytical skills. Financial acumen.
Significant Work Activities: Continuous sitting for prolonged periods (more than 2 consecutive hours in an 8 hour day)
Travel: Yes, 10 % of the Time
Job Type: Experienced