The Postdoctoral Program is designed for investigational and experimental research. Participants will be mentored by renowned industry scientists and collaborators at AbbVie and focused on delivering cutting-edge advancements in Discovery, Development Sciences, and BioPharma. This enriching training program offers a balance of structured learning and work experience which fosters a learning environment to advance individual development and offers accessibility to high-level knowledge-building across the drug development continuum.
To be successful in our goals as an organization, we developed the AbbVie Postdoc Program for outstanding individuals willing to challenge themselves to find the best solutions for our patients.
You will be a technical expert who will investigate, identify, develop, and optimize new methods / techniques to address critical project needs. AbbVie Postdoctoral Fellows continuously seek to improve existing laboratory methods and processes, read and adapt literature to accomplish assignments, and demonstrate mastery of a broad range of experimental techniques and methods of data analysis.
We are seeking scientists from key academic institutions within preferred areas of science in the U.S. to provide a unique opportunity for participants to build a solid career foundation in the pharmaceutical industry while building the AbbVie brand as an employer of choice for scientific talent. This assignment is expected to last 2-4 years, though exceptions may be made for certain postdoctoral assignments.
The Protein Degradation Platform Team is seeking a talented, passionate, and self-motivated candidate to join an academic-style environment to advance the field of induced proximity sciences. The primary focus of this fellowship will be to perform independent research that explores novel induced proximity strategies that inhibit proteins within the extracellular environment; a cellular space not targetable by traditional bifunctional degraders. The candidate will join a multidisciplinary research team, collaborate with scientists across functional areas, and have access to AbbVie’s cutting-edge technologies and resources to carry out these studies. The prospective candidate will have the opportunity to make important scientific contributions to the field by publishing their research in scientific journals and presenting at conferences. The candidate will also gain first-hand experience and knowledge of the drug discovery process.
- Generate research strategies to effectively address the Postdoc project needs
- Maintain awareness of technical developments and scientific knowledge related to the induced proximity field
- Independently design and test hypotheses while collaborating with functional and technical experts to facilitate scientific achievement
- Maintain a high level of productivity in the laboratory setting
- Effectively write and communicate research materials
- Resolve research hurdles by effectively utilizing available information and technical expertise
- Proactively seek out new information in the literature and incorporate this into individual project(s) as well as the overall program
- Publish research in high-impact journals and present work at scientific conferences
- PhD in chemical biology, immunology, molecular and cell biology, or pharmacology.
- A passionate drive for biological discovery and innovation of new technologies
- Recognized independent research achievements through first author publications in top tier journals.
- Broad knowledge of molecular and cellular biology.
- Able to think critically and creatively across multiple disciplines. Demonstrated ability to solve research problems
- Excellent organizational, interpersonal and communication skills
- Capable of independently designing and executing experiments, interpreting data, and identifying appropriate follow-up strategies.
- Three letters of recommendation (including one from the Thesis Advisor)
- Letter of intent to pursue Postdoc
- Specific expertise and a record of publication in the biology and biochemistry of protein trafficking pathways, induced proximity modalities, and ubiquitin-proteasome system.
Key Leadership Competencies
- Builds strong relationships with peers and cross functionally with partners outside of team to enable higher performance
- Learns fast, grasps the "essence" and can change course quickly where indicated
- Raises the bar and is never satisfied with the status quo
- Creates a learning environment, open to suggestions and experimentation for improvement
- Embraces the ideas of others, nurtures innovation and manages to reality
Significant Work Activities: N/A
Job Type: Experienced