- Works independently on a wide variety of legal work and contracts, including negotiation and resolution of legal issues raised in the following areas: confidentiality, consulting services, basic product supply, and simple real estate matters.
- Identifies and resolves routine and moderately complex legal matters in area of responsibility with minimal supervision.
- Represents AbbVie externally to customers, suppliers, competitors, opposing counsel or government agencies and resolves legal issues using negotiation skills and legal experience.
- Performs independent analysis of unique problems and proposes solutions.
- Assists attorneys in resolving complex legal issues on projects involving multiple disciplines within legal department and/or multiple functional areas or divisions within AbbVie.
- Possesses solid knowledge of the AbbVie businesses supported and knowledge of the broader business impact.
- Keeps abreast of changes in laws that affect client areas. Advises legal department managers of critical project developments in a timely manner.
- Executes core job responsibilities in a timely manner.
- Assigned matters generally have a significant impact on business activities and operations.
- Interacts across all levels of management.
- Bachelor’s Degree and / or relevant legal education (Paralegal certificate).
- Minimum 3 years of paralegal experience including significant experience in negotiating contracts and one year in a corporate environment.
- Excellent oral/written communication, organization/analytical and interpersonal skills, attention to detail, and project management abilities are all required.
- Must be able to multi-task, analyze information, understand client needs, set and manage own work priorities and meet deadlines.
- Proficient in area of responsibility.
- Experience with simple real estate matters a plus.
Significant Work Activities: Continuous sitting for prolonged periods (more than 2 consecutive hours in an 8 hour day)
Travel: Yes, 10 % of the Time
Job Type: Experienced