AbbVie's mission is to discover and deliver innovative medicines and solutions that solve serious health issues today and address the medical challenges of tomorrow. We strive to have a remarkable impact on people's lives across several key therapeutic areas – immunology, oncology, neuroscience, and eye care – and products and services in our Allergan Aesthetics portfolio. For more information about AbbVie, please visit us at www.abbvie.com. Follow @abbvie on Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, YouTube and LinkedIn.
Paralegal, Clinical R&D
This position supports AbbVie’s global Clinical R&D organization and will interact with attorneys in the Legal Division and R&D business. The position reports to Senior Counsel, Clinical R&D Legal.
- Works independently on a wide variety of legal work and contracts, including negotiation, drafting and review of clinical study-related agreements and legal issues raised in the following areas: confidentiality, clinical trials, services, and informed consent forms.
- Identifies and resolves routine and moderately complex legal matters in area of responsibility with minimal supervision.
- Develop knowledge of AbbVie’s Clinical R&D business and supported client areas.
- Possess strong communication skills required to effectively gather relevant information from R&D business contacts and contract management support functions and directly interact and negotiate with individuals inside and outside AbbVie.
- Coordinate with AbbVie legal specialists on intellectual property and privacy law.
- Represents AbbVie externally to customers, suppliers, competitors, opposing counsel or government agencies and resolves legal issues using negotiation skills and legal experience.
- Performs independent analysis of unique problems and proposes solutions.
- Escalate legal matters to attorneys and manager as appropriate.
- Assists attorneys in resolving complex legal issues on projects involving multiple disciplines within legal department and/or multiple functional areas or divisions within AbbVie.
- Keeps abreast of changes in laws that affect client areas.
- Advises legal department managers of project developments in a timely manner.
- Executes core job responsibilities in a timely manner.
- Assigned matters generally have a significant impact on business activities and operations.
- Interacts across all levels of management.
- Bachelor’s Degree and / or relevant legal education (Paralegal certificate).
- Minimum 3 years of paralegal experience including significant experience in negotiating contracts and one year in a corporate environment.
- Excellent oral/written communication, organization/analytical and interpersonal skills, attention to detail, and project management abilities are all required.
- Must be able to multi-task, analyze information, understand client needs, set and manage own work priorities and meet deadlines.
- Proficient in area of responsibility.
AbbVie is committed to operating with integrity, driving innovation, transforming lives, serving our community, and embracing diversity and inclusion. It is AbbVie’s policy to employ qualified persons of the greatest ability without discrimination against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex (including pregnancy), physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, marital status, status as a protected veteran, or any other legally protected group status.
Significant Work Activities: Continuous sitting for prolonged periods (more than 2 consecutive hours in an 8 hour day)
Travel: Yes, 5 % of the Time
Job Type: Experienced
Recently viewed opportunities
You have not viewed any jobs recently.
Phishing scam alert
As an online job seeker, you could be a target of cyber (online) thieves seeking to secure personal information from you by sending you “phishing” messages. Please be alert to and protect yourself from phishing scams. Find out how you can avoid being a victim of job phishing scams.