AbbVie Operations is seeking a motivated self-starter to join the Business Technology Solutions (BTS)/Data Analytics Team. This team is a dynamic group of IT, Automation Operation Technology (OT), and Business specialists who work together to deliver manufacturing software solutions, drive standardization, innovation, optimization, identify requirements for future enhancements.
The team is looking to add knowledgeable site IT/OT/Automation/Business subject matter experts (SME) to support the manufacturing operations, within an exciting time of multiple new product introductions and deployments, work directly with the business functions for optimization opportunities and represent these functions LRP and system enhancement planning.
Sr. BTS OT Engineers/Analysts serve as liaisons between IT and operations, business, engineering, maintenance, and quality, and focus on business priorities/processes/ innovations as well as related data analytics.
- OSI PI Administration - Provide direct administration, development, and support of all aspects of the plant data historian, OSI PI, including interfaces to plant floor automation/control systems, as well as to higher-level Manufacturing Execution Systems/Business Systems.
- Familiar with Windows Server/Client operation and support of applications (start/stop services, obtain windows logs, etc.), as well as solid understanding and experience with networking fundamentals of IP addressing, firewalls, routers, etc.
- Moderate to advanced knowledge of plant floor automation control systems (PLC/DCS/SCADA) and controls engineering fundamentals, including experience with controls/automation systems integration, spanning legacy (hardwired/Modbus) to current (Ethernet IP/OPC UA).
- Must have strong verbal and written skills and proficient in setting and managing customer expectation.
- Can explain and present complex technical ideas to both technical and non-technical audiences at all levels up to the highest in a persuasive and convincing manner.
- Use of vendor or industry sources to identify opportunities or problems. Produce data-driven impact analysis and incorporate into technology plans.
- Uses appropriate tools to collect, correlate and analyze data; records and maintains technical data for use in developing operating and instruction manuals. Conducts tests; develops preliminary findings for review by experienced analysts.
- Assists in the development of standards and procedures. Prepares written reports of work and conducts training.
- Applies analytical thinking skills to diagnose and make recommendations on systems. Incorporates knowledge of business and technology to make recommendations. Translates data gathered from user discussions into business requirements. Identifies business/system needs and recommends solutions.
Significant Work Activities: Continuous sitting for prolonged periods (more than 2 consecutive hours in an 8 hour day)
Job Type: Experienced