Works in an independent manner under the guidance of a supervisor or technical lead. Assignments have clear and specified objectives and require the investigation of a limited number of variables. Examples of supporting assignments include: control system and recipe maintenance, equipment or process design and development, validation of equipment, materials and processes, preparation of specifications.
• Complies with applicable policies and procedures, regulatory and safety requirements.
• Provides technical service for various control systems, including vision systems, PLCs, servos, and robots. Daily monitoring and troubleshooting of assigned systems. Expected to recommend improvements in design, installation, start-up or execution of a project or task as well as the maintenance of a program.
• Maintains documentation, monitoring logs, Best Operating Practices (BOPs), training manuals, etc. for regulatory compliance. Assists in the implementation of long-term projects to maintain efficiency.
• Assists operations in the process of troubleshooting control system issues to determine potential impacts on production and facility systems.
• Exchanges information with project team members, designers, management, and other engineering or production personnel. Delivers recommendations and suggestions to project team members and management within the department.
• Provides limited technical assistance and information to production, engineering groups and outside consultants, contractors, and various departments within the Company.
• Participates and/or assists engineers in the design of process equipment or systems for optimal performance. Assists in the start-up of new and troubleshoots existing facilities/equipment to ensure optimal operation and performance.
• Identifies issues and implements troubleshooting techniques necessary to avoid production downtime. Closely monitors systems as assigned for potential issues and/or improvements.