The US Patient Services Marketing Team leads across multiple brands and therapeutic areas to deliver an unparalleled care model ecosystem that enables the best possible patient treatment experience to help patients achieve their full treatment plan potential.
The Marketing Manager Role
The US Patient Services Marketing Manager (MM) – Enterprise Marketing is responsible for designing, developing, and implementing new commercial initiatives and tactics for AbbVie Patient Services’ Immunology, Specialty, Oncology and Medical Therapeutics patient support brands. Strong leadership and ability to work across a complicated matrix are required, working with cross-functional partners within the Patient Services organization, AbbVie and external partners.
This role does not have direct reports but must demonstrate the ability to influence and lead cross-functionally to successfully drive the business. The candidate must be able to operate in a fast-paced environment with high expectations and a customer focus that drives the need for quality deliverables and performance.
This individual will report to the Associate Director, Patient Services. MM I or MM II will be dependent on number of years’ experience and other qualifications.
Key Responsibilities Include (may shift based on business needs):
- Working with creative, digital agencies and internal partners to identify and develop innovative and impactful initiatives and tactics that align to the Patient Services strategic imperatives to drive an exceptional patient experience
- Support strategic initiatives through active monitoring of industry trends and competitive intelligence to ensure patient support programs anticipate patient support needs and deliver best in class solutions
- Support development of new and optimized digital channels
- Manage projects and relationships with agency partners, including creative, data, digital and social account teams (brand, project management, creative strategy, copy).
- Manage marketing budget while identifying efficiencies/synergies where possible to maximize resources.
- Deliver marketing briefs, understand timelines to accomplish tasks and anticipate any potential barriers that would impact project timelines
- Partner with Business Insights and analytics team to evaluate and report the effectiveness of campaign strategies through campaign measurement plans, key performance indicator development and formulate recommendations for optimization.
Required knowledge, skills and abilities
- Ability to understand, analyze and synthesize complex business and technology challenges and translate into creative solutions
- An intellectual curiosity for emerging trends and new technologies, combined with a passion to drive the research, experimentation, implementation, and adoption
- Think “outside-of-the-box” attitude
- Ability to build strong working relationships across stakeholders at all levels throughout the organization.
- BA/BS Required, MBA Preferred
- 5+ years of consumer and digital/direct marketing experience with the ideal candidate having some previous Pharma experience
- Some background in customer engagement and retention strategies.
- Understanding of the principles of brand management, including brand positioning, personality & overall campaign development.
- Apply marketing concepts in the development of marketing plans and programs - including brand positioning, brand architecture, SWOT analysis, competitive assessment, market research, marketing objectives/strategies, patient segmentation, etc.
- Previous cross franchise/cross channel marketing experience preferred
- Experience working with and managing multiple external agencies
- A balance of analytical capability and creative vision
- Excellent communication (oral, written, and presentation) and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to work with all levels in a highly matrixed organization.
- Strong planning and organization skills, attention to detail, execution, and follow-through
Significant Work Activities: Continuous sitting for prolonged periods (more than 2 consecutive hours in an 8 hour day)Keyboard use (greater or equal to 50% of the workday)
Travel: Yes, 20 % of the Time
Job Type: Experienced