Rheumatology Insights Manager
The Manager, Market Research will be a trusted advisor to therapeutic area team, leveraging superior customer and marketplace understanding to formulate and execute marketing research programs that deliver insights highlighting business opportunities and guiding brand strategy.
- Builds solid relationships and become a trusted advisor to therapeutic area leadership, guiding brand strategies and tactics based on superior, objective customer insights.
- Create, maintain, and ensure timely execution of the marketing research plans for the designated therapeutic area, driving alignment with brand strategy and adapting to evolving business needs.
- Possess an expert understanding of custom research methodologies. Is highly proficient at supplier and stakeholder management, and leading custom research programs to deliver compelling learning that guide strategic and tactical decisions.
- Lead the Insight discovery process to uncover, define, and refine motivating insights across the customer base
- Collaborate with and influence the brand team and agency to drive greater business outcomes.
- Inform the brand planning process based on a deep understanding of the market, all stages of the patient journey, and stakeholder influences throughout the journey. Clarify moments of meaning and highlight opportunities to enhance the patient experience. Develop plans to prioritize and address insights gaps across stakeholders.
- Participate actively in the creative development process, informing the creative brief and creative concept development and assessment by representing the voice of the targeted customer.
- Maintain organizational knowledge on all insights and performance data generated relative to the therapeutic area supported; including market and competitive trends, health care environmental influences and investment performance against various channels. Possess a strong understanding of industry secondary data and syndicated sources and their strengths and weaknesses.
- Possess a curiosity and openness to new insight methodologies and a drive to expand the toolkit to better serve the business.
- Ensure all marketing research activities are conducted in accordance with financial and ethical compliance guidelines.
- BA or BS degree required.
- 3+ year’s relevant marketing research experience
- Strong knowledge of custom research methodologies
- Strategic thinking capabilities and strong tactical execution skills.
- Proven ability to distill complex information into concise and impactful messages / presentations.
- Ability to interact effectively with/present to (verbally and in writing) various levels of the organization
- Proven experience as an integral member of a high performing work team.
- Pharmaceutical Industry experience
AbbVie is a global, research-based biopharmaceutical company formed in 2013 following separation from Abbott Laboratories. The Company's mission is to create an innovation-driven, patient-focused specialty biopharmaceutical company capable of achieving sustainable top-tier performance through outstanding execution and a consistent stream of innovative new medicines. AbbVie employs approximately 29,000 colleagues worldwide and markets medicines in more than 170 countries.
Significant Work Activities: Continuous sitting for prolonged periods (more than 2 consecutive hours in an 8 hour day)
Travel: Yes, 5 % of the Time
Job Type: Experienced