The Market Access Solutions Lead is the primary liaison between marketing business users, external vendors, and internal IS support and development staff on strategic sales and marketing solutions, encompassing application requirements, design, implementation, support, vendor evaluations, and selection.
Work in cross collaboration with Commercial patient services, Commercial Analytics, Trade & Distribution, Access & Reimbursement, Supply Chain, and external partners. Be able to lead Business System Analysts to support the strategic and tactical needs of Market Access organization.
- Defines and understands the business needs of the client, recommending solutions when appropriate, providing potential options and foreseeing project demand within the next 3-6 months.
- Responsible for quarterly client demand meetings to ascertain future need for group’s services, quarterly reviews with leadership team to showcase deliverables built and use cases that they apply to from business needs perspective.
- For new projects, responsible for defining project objectives and scope, aligning requirements to the business objectives, providing estimates to the business, gaining business approval, assembling core and extended team members, and initiating projects with the Shared Services development teams.
- Business Relationship Management - Builds and maintains strong relationships with direct and indirect clients including customer satisfaction, cultivating growth, as well as day-to-day communication as necessary. Serves as the primary escalation point for Market Access Supply Chain and Commercial Finance stakeholders.
- Responsible for financials related to Market Access team including Capital planning, Cost estimating and Budgeting, Managing Demand, invoice review, submission of chargebacks and provide financial updates to leadership teams.
- Responsible for review and approval of data specifications, solution architecture, process flows and data sharing with AbbVie internal Privacy, Compliance & OEC teams. Drives coordination from AbbVie side with respect to getting timely reviews and approvals from external partners.
- Build competency in Market Access and Patient Services data sets e.g, EDI Sales & Chargeback Data, Copay and Rebates Data, Medical and Prescription claim data, Care model data, Value Trak etc. Learn how data is structured, how it is sourced, processed, and orchestrated for end user consumption. Become familiar with data solutions, Big data architecture & concepts, use of big data tools (Hive, Impala, Python etc.) to read/write data programs and answer critical business questions.
- Bachelor’s Degree with 6 years’ experience; Master’s Degree with 5 years’ experience; PhD with 0 years’ experience.
- Track record of strategy development and leadership of portfolio, business, and technology roadmaps.
- Extensive Marketing, Marketing Operations, Commercial Operations, Supply Chain and Commercial Finance experience with technical client services is required.
- Project management experience using formal SLC; project management methodology (PMP preferred), techniques, and tools is required.
- Proven technical and leadership skills with the ability to manage simultaneous priorities and changing deadlines.
- Excellent written and oral English communication skills.
- Experience with Data Lake architecture, Big Data technologies (Cloudera, EMR, Snowflake) and tools such as Hive, Impala, Python, SQL, etc.
- Exceptional interpersonal and communication and strong analytical skills. Proven ability to build trust, listen and ask effective questions.
- Proven track record of effective project leadership and positive results. Ability to self-manage time and priorities.
- Experience working with patient-level data like SHA PTD, IMS APLD, EDI Sales & Chargeback Data, Copay and Rebates Data is preferred.
- Demonstrate deep knowledge of pharmaceutical and healthcare business and utilize the knowledge in the rapid advancement of agile, impactful, and cost-effective solutions.
- Strong understanding of data management disciplines including Data Warehousing, Data Integration, Data Visualization, Advanced Analytics, Big Data Platforms/Elastic Scale, Artificial Intelligence, and other data centric technologies.
Significant Work Activities: Continuous sitting for prolonged periods (more than 2 consecutive hours in an 8 hour day)
Job Type: Experienced