As a leader in the Marketing Access Insights team supporting Market Access, this individual will play an important role in the continued success and growth of franchise sales within Managed Markets. This individual will closely collaborate with internal stakeholders from Brand Market Research/Analytics, Managed Care Marketing and Brand Marketing to conduct research and analytics that identify commercial opportunities and threats, support the development of strategies and tactics, enable continuous learning from ad-hoc analyses, and ensure alignment across brand centric research and analytics.
The Market Access Insights function focuses on improving the effectiveness of managed care messaging and tactics across multiple therapeutic classes and customer segments through a combination of custom research, secondary data analysis and syndicated studies. The Marketing Access Insights Manager is responsible for insights generated through strategic payor and trade research, product specific studies, and syndicated services, and is knowledgeable in demonstrating how to integrate and consume both primary research and secondary data. These insights are critical to develop and optimally execute AbbVie's market access strategies.
Key Job Responsibilities:
The Market Access Insights Manager will be responsible for guiding the communication of findings, results and recommendations of analysis/research within Market Access Insight teams and across to the franchises to improve market access knowledge (payers, specialty pharmacies and group purchasing organizations) and reflection of insights to brand strategies while ensuring the quality and accuracy of all results. Key areas of functional scope include:
- In collaboration with brand research and analytics partners, consulting with marketing leadership to formulate strategy, identify potential tactical initiatives, enhance promotional programs and develop metrics for measuring/improving program execution.
- Building relationships internally - e.g., with Marketing Analytics and Business Insights, Brand Marketing & Sales, etc. - to accomplish team goals and to support goals of others.
- Demonstrating working knowledge in understanding implications of legislation and impacts on the health care landscape, payers (both private and governmental), disease states and treatment options.
- Supporting execution of marketing strategy by ensuring that all research and activities are aligned with and executed in accordance with the larger strategic plan, guiding team on interpreting channel/brand marketing strategy into market research objectives and priorities.
- Monitoring lessons learned based on historical performance, and identifying implications to enhance the process/practice and gain approval on plans.
- Understanding market research design and implications for the therapeutic area and customer segment, identifying sound approaches to research based on the hypotheses and situational constraints, interpreting research findings and synthesizing them into actionable business insights, differentiating analytical techniques based on their appropriate use, and working collaboratively with other functions and vendors on the design and management of research.
- Demonstrating awareness, use and integration of secondary data sources, integrating findings across studies to provide strategic insight, and guiding research decisions based on applicability and limitations of primary versus secondary research.
- Delivering research and analytical findings objectively to Managed Markets Sales and Marketing Leadership teams, and other internal customers, regardless of the implications of their results.
- Conducting analytics though the integration of complex datasets that frame the parameters around trade initiatives, assessment, segmentation and targeting strategies, hypothesis testing, pilot experiment design, and predictive analytics.
- Bachelors degree in one of the following fields: Market Research, Social Sciences, Statistics, Economics, Actuarial Science, Engineering, Finance, and/or Applied Mathematics
- Minimum of 5 years of experience in marketing research, insights or market analytics in the pharmaceutical or a relevant industry.
- Proven ability to identify, address, and influence customer needs.
- Proven ability to distill complex information into concise and impactful messages/presentations.
- Working knowledge of multivariate statistics, analytical software and pharmaceutical data sources (IMS, Symphony Health, HIRC, HSG, etc..)
- Previous Market Access, Payer and/or Trade Experience
- Oncology Experience
- Position can be filled at a Grade 18 or Grade 19 based on level of experience
Significant Work Activities: Continuous sitting for prolonged periods (more than 2 consecutive hours in an 8 hour day)
Travel: Yes, 5 % of the Time
Job Type: Experienced