AbbVie's mission is to discover and deliver innovative medicines and solutions that solve serious health issues today and address the medical challenges of tomorrow. We strive to have a remarkable impact on people's lives across several key therapeutic areas – immunology, oncology, neuroscience, and eye care – and products and services in our Allergan Aesthetics portfolio. For more information about AbbVie, please visit us at www.abbvie.com. Follow @abbvie on Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, YouTube and LinkedIn.
Manager, Medical Ad Board & Symposia Execution
The Medical Project Office within Medical Program Management is charged with consolidating and standardizing repeatable activities to ensure high quality, consistency, accuracy and efficiency. The Manager, Medical Ad Board & Symposium Execution is responsible for providing project management expertise to ensure successful execution of Medical Affairs advisory board, symposia and standalone events. This role will lead the execution of Medical Standalone events, Symposia & Ad Boards through effective collaboration with Medical Affairs Business Owners, Medical Program Managers (MPM), Support Teams (e.g., Business Services Group (BSG), Central Consultancy Group (CCG)) and vendors. This role is responsible for providing guidance to Medical Affairs Business Owners on AbbVie compliance and requirements related to the execution of Standalone events, Symposia and Ad Boards.
- Provide project management expertise to ensure successful execution of 25-30 programs with primary focus on Advisory Boards, effectively employing and coordinating all available resources and involved parties across vendors and multiple internal stakeholder groups. Ensure that planning, cost, timeline, scope, and risk management plans are in place and escalate risks where necessary.
- Lead the overall coordination and project management for internal stakeholders and external parties/vendors utilized to support logistics and content development for TA-specific Symposia and Ad Boards. Ensure vendors meet all internal policies and external regulations. Contact vendor for quotes, review initial quotes for reasonability, and negotiate with vendors as appropriate.
- Support less complex event types as assigned by Director, Medical Ad Board & Symposium Execution.
- Support use, maintenance, and evaluation of Preferred Supplier Networks in conjunction with TAs, MPMs, and Purchasing.
- Initiate request for support from internal AbbVie Support Teams including BSG and/or CCG and monitor performance against plan. Establish and manage regularly scheduled planning meetings.
- Maintain project timelines and follow up on status and action items. Document and follow up on project plan activities, milestones, and action items to ensure effective and timely completion. Proactively communicate across team members (including business owner and MPM colleagues) to support successful execution and keep stakeholders well-informed.
- Ensure appropriate guidance is provided to Symposia and Ad Board Business Owners regarding AbbVie global policies, local requirements, lead times, and local procedures to ensure successful execution of fully compliant events with minimal expediting and exception activities.
- Conduct post meeting debrief. Document and share lessons learned from Symposia and Ad Board execution to inform Medical Affairs’ future planning activities.
Therapeutic Area/ Indication Leads, Area Medical Directors, Affiliate Medical Affairs Teams, Medical Program Managers, Medical Portfolio Leads, Business
- Bachelor’s Degree in a Health Sciences or business-related field is required. Preference for MBA.
- Project management certification (e.g. PMP) and/or six sigma certification preferred.
- Significant experience in Medical Affairs and/or medical education.
- 8+ years of work experience in the pharmaceutical industry, 2+ years in Medical Affairs related roles strongly preferred, project management experience strongly preferred.
- Excellent leadership, self-management, organizational and communication skills; able to manage workload
AbbVie is committed to operating with integrity, driving innovation, transforming lives, serving our community, and embracing diversity and inclusion. It is AbbVie’s policy to employ qualified persons of the greatest ability without discrimination against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex (including pregnancy), physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, marital status, status as a protected veteran, or any other legally protected group status.
Significant Work Activities: Continuous sitting for prolonged periods (more than 2 consecutive hours in an 8 hour day)
Job Type: Experienced
Recently viewed opportunities
You have not viewed any jobs recently.
Phishing scam alert
As an online job seeker, you could be a target of cyber (online) thieves seeking to secure personal information from you by sending you “phishing” messages. Please be alert to and protect yourself from phishing scams. Find out how you can avoid being a victim of job phishing scams.