AbbVie’s mission is to discover and deliver innovative medicines that solve serious health issues today and address the medical challenges of tomorrow. We strive to have a remarkable impact on people’s lives across several key therapeutic areas: immunology, oncology, neuroscience, eye care, virology, women’s health and gastroenterology, in addition to products and services across its Allergan Aesthetics portfolio. For more information about AbbVie, please visit us at www.abbvie.com. Follow @abbvie on Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, YouTube and LinkedIn.
Manager I, Payer Contracting Analytics
AbbVie’s mission is to discover and deliver innovative medicines that solve serious health issues today and address the medical challenges of tomorrow. We strive to have a remarkable impact on people’s lives across several key therapeutic areas: immunology, oncology, neuroscience, eye care, virology, women’s health, and gastroenterology, in addition to products and services across its Allergan Aesthetics portfolio.
The Manager I, Payer Contracting Analytics candidate will play an important role in the continued success and growth of AbbVie’s US Immunology franchise. The candidate will closely collaborate with executive stakeholders from Marketing / Sales / Finance to analyze contracting strategies and initiatives to maintain robust sales in a rapidly changing market. This is a great opportunity to get hands on opportunity on managing a significant market event for one of healthcare’s top spend drugs.
The candidate will support the development of spend and trend forecasting, as well as perform SWOT (Strength, Weakness, Opportunities, Threats) analysis regarding our customers (managed healthcare entities) and our competitors. The role is dynamic, and the analysis will be dictated by market events from the formulary negotiations. The role involves providing analytics and financial modeling across both the Commercial and the Medicare Part D channel, which will be seeing significant changes due to recent legislative Part D reform passed by Congress. The Manager I, Payer Contracting Analytics work assignments involve moderately complex to complex issues where the analysis of situations or data requires an in-depth evaluation of variable factors.
Key Job Responsibilities
The candidate will be responsible for developing and owning the financial models used to project gross-to-net spend and forecast sales. The individual will need to be detailed oriented to update model assumptions resulting from marketplace or legislative developments and communicate findings to influence business strategy across a wide variety of executive audiences. The candidate will calculate the possibilities for the future and help evaluate risk with sophisticated data analytics. We are looking for individuals that are passionate about combining and analyzing diverse types of data to extract new, actionable discoveries about our patients and their health-related behavior.
- Require attention detail to attention, in terms of calibrating the correct assumptions for the financial models. Ability to reasonability check financial output is crucial.
- Demonstrating working knowledge in understanding implications of Market Access policy reform and impacts on the health care landscape, payors (both private and governmental), disease states and treatment options.
- Take advanced analytics from multiple therapeutic areas and utilize insights to apply solutions.
- Synthesize data and other internal and external inputs to frame problems and propose potential strategic innovative options related to enterprise strategic planning.
- Demonstrating awareness, use and integration of secondary data sources, integrating findings across studies to provide strategic insight, and guiding research decisions based on applicability and limitations of primary versus secondary research.
- Delivering research and analytical findings objectively to Market Access Sales and Marketing Leadership teams, and other internal customers, regardless of the implications of their results.
- Conducting analytics though the integration of complex datasets that frame the parameters around trade initiatives, assessment, segmentation and targeting strategies, hypothesis testing, pilot experiment design, and predictive analytics.
- Bachelor’s degree in one of the following fields: Actuarial Science, Quantitative Finance, Data Science, Statistics, Economics, Engineering, and/or Applied Mathematics.
- Minimum of 5 years of experience in financial modeling, actuarial science, or quantitative finance.
- Proven ability to produce results under dynamic environments and provide structure onto unstructured challenges.
- Above average communication skills (written and verbal), strong analytical skills, and attention to detail.
- Proven ability to distill complex information into concise and impactful messages/presentations.
- Working knowledge of trend forecasting, and ability to run quantitative financial models.
- Knowledge of the health benefits arena, preferably in pharmacy benefits management "PBM" or other managed healthcare services to national and regional managed care organizations, insurance companies, and other health related entities.
- Knowledge of the overall pharmacy marketplace, either from a buy-side perspective (insurance / PBM) or from a sell-side perspective (manufacturer / wholesaler)
- Preferred: Master’s degree in the above listed fields, or advanced professional credentials demonstrating ability to run financial models (actuarial designations, CFA, etc.)
AbbVie is an equal opportunity employer including disability/vets. It is AbbVie’s policy to employ qualified persons of the greatest ability without discrimination against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex (including pregnancy), physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, marital status, status as a disabled veteran, recently separated veteran, Armed Forces service medal veteran or active duty wartime or campaign badge veteran or a person’s relationship or association with a protected veteran, including spouses and other family members, or any other protected group status. We will take affirmative action to employ and advance in employment qualified minorities, women, individuals with a disability, disabled veterans, recently separated veterans, Armed Forces service medal veterans or active-duty wartime or campaign badge veterans. The Affirmative Action Plan is available for viewing in the Human Resources office during regular business hours.
Significant Work Activities: Continuous sitting for prolonged periods (more than 2 consecutive hours in an 8 hour day)
Job Type: Experienced
Recently viewed opportunities
You have not viewed any jobs recently.
Phishing scam alert
As an online job seeker, you could be a target of cyber (online) thieves seeking to secure personal information from you by sending you “phishing” messages. Please be alert to and protect yourself from phishing scams. Find out how you can avoid being a victim of job phishing scams.
For Internal Candidates only - Notice of Filing of Labor Condition Application
Equal Employment Opportunity | Reasonable Accommodation