The Manager I/II, Digital & Omnichannel Strategy is responsible for playing an integral role on direct teams. As a member of the AbbVie Digital Lab (part of Commercial Analytics & Operations (CA&O) organization) supporting our consumer Oncology franchise, the Manager, Digital & Omnichannel Strategy will bring Digital / CRM / omnichannel subject matter expertise to strategic brand plans and have responsibility for ensuring the customer experiences is optimized for key stakeholders: Consumers/Patients and Health Care Professionals (HCPs). This role serves as a business partner in the development and pull-through of a differentiated and insights-driven customer experience. The role supports the franchise teams by leading the orchestration and alignment of omnichannel touchpoints across the customer journey.
This role will also be accountable for bringing expertise and leadership support to advance the Digital Transformation key priorities. Specifically, developing and maintaining brand experience designs, ensuring adherence of customer privacy and compliance practices, drafting of marketing campaign business rules and requirements, as well as identifying and partnering with Analytics teams to develop and utilize sound measurement/reporting constructs for all programs. The Manager I/I will also ensure that all Digital/CRM activities align and integrate well with the existing Digital/CRM multichannel ecosystem.
Key Responsibilities Include:
- Lead omnichannel and customer experience design to meet assigned brands’ short & longer-term objectives, in collaboration with oncology brand marketing team.
- Pull through of a differentiated and insights-driven consumer customer experience, leading the orchestration and alignment of touchpoints across the customer journey.
- Lead pathfinding brands on proof of concepts/pilots for emerging digital capabilities.
- Provide brand team support to manage the development and completion of execution plans (timelines) from start to finish for CRM/Digital programs (i.e., Social, email, website touchpoints, etc.).
- Collaborate effectively in a matrixed environment with Brand Marketing, Creative / CRM / Digital agencies, Media, Market Research, Analytics, Business Technology Solutions (BTS), Sales Operations, and Medical/Regulatory/Legal integrated business partners.
- Maintain a deep understanding of Brand customer insights, journey and segmentation strategies - and apply them to CRM/Digital campaigns and programs.
- Lead cross-functional team (Brand/Omnichannel/MABI/Agency) to design and implement ideal customer experience aligned to journey phases and strategic messaging strategy.
- Provide input and inspiration through active participation in the annual brand strategy and tactical planning process.
- Partner closely with Medical/Regulatory/Legal/Privacy partners to educate, lead and help AbbVie anticipate and balance organizational needs with pilots. Present capabilities and garner buy-in/feedback from senior leadership across various stakeholder functional areas.
- Troubleshoot roadblocks and identify creative and compliant solutions to facilitate forward motion of new initiatives.
- Provide CRM/Digital execution and response channel/tactic expertise across all channels (e.g., Email, Web, Mobile Apps, Social, etc.).
- Develop detailed digital campaign business requirements for patient support services and CRM lead generation, acquisition and retention. (e.g., CRM database management).
- Collaborate with Brand team to recommend and build feasible campaign and program test & learn plans to inform optimization recommendations. Develop and manage tactic test plans/QC before, during and after campaign launch.
- Guide creative agencies to ensure the development of relevant, 1:1 creative and messaging, including CRM/Digital marketing best practices.
- Understand and execute data capture and data privacy (opt management) consistently across all channels.
- Identify new or unique Brand CRM/Digital data requirements needed for program.
- Ability to work and lead independently initiatives without day to day supervision
- Able to prioritize & gracefully manage competing priorities to ensure deadlines are met.
- Collaborative nature and ability to influence and guide cross-functional stakeholders.
- Exceptional functional knowledge and expertise on digital marketing platforms.
- e.g. CRM, email marketing best practices, marketing cloud technology
- Acumen for how digital agencies operate: scope of work process/mgmt., timelines
- Inquisitive, strong analytical skills, including the ability to infer and apply learnings.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Attention to detail and follow-through on execution.
- Strong project management abilities and critical work tool experience.
- e.g. Excel, Visio, MS Project, PowerPoint
Key AbbVie Leadership Competencies:
- Positive “all for one” approach to team deliverables and priorities.
- Builds strong relationships to enable higher performance.
- Learns, fast, grasps the “essence” and can change course quickly where indicated.
- Raises the bar and is never satisfied with the status quo.
- Creates a learning environment and open to suggestions.
- Embraces the ideas of others, nurtures innovation and manages innovation to reality.
- Demonstrate a “servant-leader” approach while bringing deep subject matter expertise
- Bachelor’s degree in Business or Marketing with at least five (5+) years of CRM/Digital experience.
- Demonstrated experience with start-to-finish planning/executing multi-channel digital marketing/CRM programs, including: websites, email, emerging media tactics, mobile (apps/sites/media/SMS), SEO/SEM, social media/social listening).
- Strong familiarity with multichannel/digital marketing tools and vendors
- Strong track record of success in managing multiple, complex project needs and collaborating across internal & external stakeholders
- Demonstrated self-starter with an entrepreneurial mindset.
- Must have thorough understanding of measuring impact of digital/CRM including social analytics, SEO measurement/management, digital/mobile metrics.
- Must have experience with personalization, 1:1 approaches/data capture techniques (ie. email, addressable media, dynamic web), application of legal/privacy terms & conditions.
- Must have experience identifying and outlining key campaign metrics (KPIs) and building campaign pro-formas/measurement plans/marketing analytics.
- Experience in pharmaceuticals or another highly-regulated industry preferred, but may not be required for a candidate with an exceptional track record of success in planning & implementing multichannel programs that can apply to Abb
Significant Work Activities: Continuous sitting for prolonged periods (more than 2 consecutive hours in an 8 hour day)
Travel: Yes, 20 % of the Time
Job Type: Experienced