AbbVie Global Trade Compliance (GTC) is a centralized function directly responsible for compliance oversight, governance, and import/export operations at all AbbVie locations worldwide.
The GTC Program Management team is charged with ensuring AbbVie maintains compliance with all pertinent laws and regulations in the countries where the company is trade active. In support of this mandate, we currently have an opening for the position of GTC Manager. This role will actively lead and/or participate in other Program Management initiatives and projects designed to further enhance our compliance program including, but not limited to:
- Policy and procedure deployment and adherence management
- Development and management of a trade compliance training program for current GTC staff members and functional stakeholders
- Audits, disclosures, trade assessment and implementation of risk mitigation strategies
- Expansion of external partner governance programs
- Valuation strategy, planning and accuracy in transactional and post transactional reporting
- Lead the planning and execution of Program Management projects across core areas including, but not limited to cross functional compliance initiatives, incident/audit identification and monitoring and/or acquired entity integration,
- Manage the global rollout and implementation of processes to further enhance our core compliance objectives
- Lead global trade compliance audits and reviews as well as monitor corrective action plans associated with identified errors
- Perform analysis of operational compliance performance trends and drive implementation of corrective measures for key process gaps
- Oversee creation and delivery of compliance training designed to improve the skillsets and knowledge of the trade professionals within the AbbVie GTC team as well as functional stakeholders
- Work directly with functional leadership to establish and maintain corporate policies and global procedures
- Assist in execution of Customs valuation strategy to ensure adequate controls are in place for non-commercial movements of the product. Execute necessary value calculations and reconciliations
- Drive cross-functional partnerships with key stakeholders (e.g. R&D, PSM, OEC, Legal, IPL and others as necessary) to ensure effective execution of GTC and Program Management compliance protocols
- Develop and drive solutions/strategies to issues faced by the businesses and design of the necessary controls around any change
- Analyze global/regional regulatory and legislative changes to trade regulations for impact to AbbVie’s existing compliance protocols and policies
- Participate and lead activities related to GTC and cross-functional work plans as they impact the execution of the function’s operating model
- University degree in a related field (e.g., international trade, supply chain, logistics).
- Minimum of 5-7 years of experience working in a multinational company, consulting firm or broker’s agency.
- Broad functional knowledge of import and export regulations with demonstrated Trade compliance experience in several countries
- Customs Broker License or similar accreditation a plus
- Strong leadership and communications skills
- Research skills and technical knowledge related to classification and duty preference programs.
- Must be organized, focused on timely delivery of quality work, proactively monitor and control task status by collecting and analyzing information to anticipate and address barriers, appropriately communicate and resolve or escalate any problems that arise
- Comfortable in dealing with ambiguity in a fast-paced, complex environment with the ability to keep the team focused on business objectives
- Show high level of initiative, have critical reasoning and problem-solving skills and can effectively work with others.
- Experience with global trade software platforms (e.g. SAP Global Trade Services module)
- Proficiency in a second language preferred
Significant Work Activities: Continuous sitting for prolonged periods (more than 2 consecutive hours in an 8 hour day)
Travel: Yes, 15 % of the Time
Job Type: Experienced