The Manager, Digital Assets, References and Copyright oversees the management of digital assets, references, and related digital material as they pertain to the U.S. and Global Commercial Material Review process as well as Global Medical Affairs Materials Review process. Digital Asset Management (DAM) solutions will be managed within a DAM Vendor application which houses creative component assets, including, but not limited to, graphic design elements, photography, video, and digital content.
The Manager, Digital Assets, References and Copyright ensures:
- The collaborative collection, selection, quality, organization, maintenance, enhancements, preservation, delivery and archiving of digital assets.
- Appropriate storage and searchability of the assets through digital asset taxonomy and metadata organization.
- Proper process/user management standards, providing oversight of the governance that spans commercial.
- Alignment of taxonomy across company stakeholders, provide training support and establish and track KPIs.
- Correct use of Reference materials in conjunction with promotional, non-promotional and medical materials
The Manager, Digital Assets, References and Copyright:
- Manges all aspects of the overall DAM strategy
- Mitigates risk to the organization by establishing, maintain and enforcing processes and policies that ensure digital assets are compliant with US and Global copyright laws.
- Serves as the subject matter expert (SME) for digital asset management best practices as well as serves as the Global Lead for managing reference assets and copyrights within the material review process.
As the DAM, reference and copyright SME, the Manager, Digital Assets, References and Copyright leads discussions related to process and system enhancements in the material review process, including:
- Approves all DAM features/functions to be enabled
- Approve any integration to/from the DAM (e.g., Speaker programs)
- Defines requirements/criteria for all final assets to be approved for the DAM and communicate to all internal and external business partners delivering final assets
- Evaluate digital assets for archiving, research rights issues and maintain quality control of archiving operations
- Point of contact for Marketing teams and agency partners providing updated inventory analysis of brand assets
- Establishes and maintains relationships with Veeva Vault PromoMats business owner, DAM vendor, specifically on technical support and training issues
- Owns all training materials related to DAM content management
- Assists in training Marketing team members, in-house creative agency and external partners on proper usage and best practices of the DAM system
- Owns the copyright/governance
Provides key leadership for:
- Collaboration with U.S. and Global Commercial, and Global Medical Affairs leadership to identify material review process and system enhancements that impact or are associated with reference materials using promotional, non-promotional and medical materials. Participates in development of functional requirements and user acceptance testing (UAT) of approved enhancements.
- Global DAM governance council, which provides oversight into the naming convention/taxonomies, metadata and process controls of the reference data assets.
- Partnership with the AbbVie Global Library Team and AbbVie Legal Counsel to align processes and procedures for reference material digital asset management with those of AbbVie corporate.
- Timely status updates to the material review system governing board and internal stakeholders on digital asset reference material activity, quality and any emerging issues.
- Industry trends, changing regulations and best practices for reference material and digital asset management, such as copyright permissions, copyrights management, metadata, taxonomy, and emerging technology tools slated for release in the Veeva platform.
- Development, updates, and rollout of training materials on digital asset material use, such as new enhancements, anchoring and cross-linking, and reference material request process. Participates as SME for instructor lead training, whether in a classroom or online audience.
Leads a team of 1 to 2 DAM QA specialist(s)
- Manage QA Specialist work activity as described below
- QA Specialist will check for proper content tagging, duplicates, perform periodic audits.
- QA Specialist may in some cases be the final approval before content gets approved.
- QA Specialist will ensure content honors the terms of its copyright
- Will approve all timesheets and vendor contracts.
Leads a team of 5 to 10 global reference specialists
- Defines the service level agreements (SLAs) of the reference specialists and measures performance of these reference specialists against the SLAs.
- Manages the budget for reference specialists ensuring proper work coverage for asset requests.
- Ensures all reference specialists are trained properly on their role and responsibilities and on all policies and procedures of the organization. This includes training on the Veeva Vault system and on the AbbVie Library copyright management system (based in Copyright Clearance Center).
- Manages the process for which reference specialists purchase the required copyright permissions in RightsLink or AbbVie Library.
- Monitors new DAM and reference materials request queue and prioritizes the requests based on current business needs.
- Manages communication status to requestors regarding receipt of requests, progress of requests through completion.
- Oversees the copyright management of digital asset reference material.
- Manages the budget to acquire copyright permissions on reference materials where AbbVie does not already own the specific permissions.
- Ensures that all acquired copyright permissions are captured, stored and aligned with related assets to renew expirations or expand permissions.
- Monitors the quality of digital assets by reviewing timely reports and conducting periodic audits, and establishes processes for remediation of those assets, including corrective actions.
- Leads the gathering of digital assets and reference for inquiries, such as compliance investigations.
Bachelor’s degree is required or equivalent business experience within AbbVie or related.
5+ years of leadership experience working with a` website content management system (CMS) or digital asset management system (DAM).
Additional experience above 5 years will be considered for a higher grade
Experience as a digital reference librarian, interface designer, enhanced service provider for digital collections in libraries, or webmaster in libraries and other organizations is a plus.
Demonstrated familiarity with metadata standards, communication standards and classifying systems.
Broad knowledge of library tools, systems and resources in corporate organizations.
5+ years of leadership experience with a marketing materials review and approval system, preferably in the pharmaceutical marketing industry. Experience with Aprimo, Veeva, Zinc or Adobe desirable.
Proven leadership competencies including, setting vision and strategy, building teams, knowing the business, driving for results, and encouraging open exchange of ideas and knowledge.
Familiar with the purchasing of rights and uses of photographic/video assets, references, and illustrations.
Must have good communication skills, able to collaborate and work with management across Marketing Services, Marketing, Medical, Regulatory, Legal, Regulatory, corporate, Quality, BTS, and other internal functions and key vendors.
Detail oriented, able to manage across multiple functions including management of exempt personnel in fast-paced, service/team environment.
Possess Multi-tasking/Flexibility skills, managing multiple projects simultaneously, meeting deadlines, and keeping projects prioritized.
Significant Work Activities: Continuous sitting for prolonged periods (more than 2 consecutive hours in an 8 hour day)
Job Type: Experienced