- Develop and Maintain relationships with external customers: The Manager, CDO is responsible for developing and maintaining relationships with necessary BPO personnel as well as key business partners utilized by AbbVie to provide other services, including but not limited to 1099 processing, freight bill processing, banking, Treasury, and other contract providers. The development and maintenance of these relationships is critical to the success of this position in being able to deliver results.
- CDO Related: The Manager is responsible for the day-to-day operations of the Corporate Disbursement Organization ensuring internal and external customer issues are addressed in a proactive and timely fashion.
- Internal Control/Compliance: The Manager, CDO needs to balance financial controls and operational needs of the Corporation in conjunction with internal controls, OEC and governmental reporting requirements. Proactively, concisely, and effectively raising necessary items to management is paramount. The Manager must also ensure the staff is properly trained and aware of all necessary internal and external compliance matters.
- People Development: Position directly supervises a staff of five. Lead the development of employees by recruiting highly qualified personnel to the organization, retaining and developing both direct reports by providing challenging opportunities and advancing personnel as appropriate. The Manager also needs to be an enthusiastic role model for the Finance staff.
- The Manager, CDO will generally have limited or no supervision of day-to-day activities and may need to exercise judgment and/or make recommendations with limited or no information. The incumbent needs to ensure appropriate facts are gathered, summarized, and documented bringing necessary issues to the attention of management.
- The Manager will be the lead contact with senior management of AbbVie regarding their expense report audits and will also coordinate with OEC, Legal, and other areas as needed, on ad hoc investigations and payments so a solid understanding of internal controls and business practices is a must.
- Therefore, proactive, effective and concise oral and written communication skills are critical as is the ability to work effectively cross functionally, including up and down the organization as well.
- Failure to achieve results may result in internal or external audit issues and could adversely affect internal and/or external customer relationships—with the end result impacting the Corporation’s reputation, up to and including its credit rating.
- Bachelor’s Degree - BA, BS, BBA in Accounting, Finance, or Business - Required
- Graduate Degree MBA in Accounting or Finance - Preferred
- Other CPA or CMA - Preferred
- A degree in Accounting, Finance or general business is required and a CPA or CMA is preferred as the incumbent is responsible for assessing the impact of business decisions and organizational activities.
- Minimum 6-8 years overall experience in finance and accounting, preferably in a pharmaceutical environment
- Minimum 3-4 years of experience and working knowledge of SAP Accounts Payable and Procure to Pay
- Minimum 2-4 years supervisory experienceProblem solving and integrity are key competencies of this position. Issues encountered require clear analytical thinking combined with experienced judgment as well as the ability develop clear conclusions and recommendations regarding business opportunities and challenges.
- Experience in the banking, manufacturing, and purchasing areas preferred but not requiredExperience working in a BPO environment preferred
- Strong Communication skills—both written and verbalDemonstrated internal and external customer focus
- Demonstrated ability to meet deadlines and manage a staff in a rapidly changing environment as well as obtaining results through collaboration and coordination with multiple stakeholders, both internal and external. Deadlines are often tight, therefore the ability to prioritize and quickly understand issues/assess data integrity is critical.
Significant Work Activities: Continuous sitting for prolonged periods (more than 2 consecutive hours in an 8 hour day)
Travel: Yes, 5 % of the Time
Job Type: Experienced