Manager, Commercial Provider Contracting
Primary Job Function:
The Manager, Commercial Provider’s primary goal is to positively impact US Commercial sales by effectively supporting all contracting and pricing related activities primarily for provider accounts. This position will partner with the Brand, Market Access, Legal, OEC, and other Pricing Teams to develop and execute on approved contracting strategies. The incumbent is expected to build strong business relationships while serving as a contracts and pricing subject matter expert/liaison for all internal stakeholders. This includes identifying, establishing, developing, and implementing appropriate processes to maintain compliance for AbbVie US with all state and federal government laws and regulations.
Core Job Responsibilities:
Responsibilities will include, but are not limited to:
- Support the creation and approval of the contracting and pricing strategies surrounding provider contracting.
- Adhere to pricing guidelines and other processes to ensure compliance to the overall strategies.
- Support the execution of approved strategies from a contracts and pricing perspective by creating and/or reviewing proposed contract offers.
- Facilitate contract language negotiations based on communications with the customer/provider and internal stakeholders (Legal, Market Access, Brand, etc.).
- Actively participate as a core team member on the Integrated Brand Team; working to drive opportunities to increase volume and performance.
- Establish a solid partnership with the Contract Operations Pricing Team to ensure pre-and-post understanding of all contracting strategies prior to execution. Help promote an environment of cross-functional team comradery.
- Support the Plan/LBE/LRP processes for area(s) of responsibility.
- Demonstrated cross-functional team leadership; strong presence; established ability to work with diverse individuals, customers, and teams.
- Outstanding oral, written and presentation communication skills.
- Gain a broad understanding of the laws, rules, and regulations governing pharmaceutical contracting and marketing.
- Individual is expected to successfully perform all the above core job responsibilities with a high degree of self-motivation and autonomy.
The role will begin as an individual contributor but will grow to manage a team of 2-3 direct reports over time.
Support the coordination and preparation of contract documents to provide total inclusion of all negotiated terms and conditions consistent with good business practices; (i) ensuring that contract terms are consistent with established guidelines; (ii) ensuring that contract terms are consistent with Medicaid Best Price and Federal strategies; (iii) ensuring that all contracts have had appropriate level of review with management, OEC and legal prior to issuing to account when required. Recommend pricing strategies on new agreements and contract renewals. Support account managers with customer initiatives, such as business reviews. Build an effective network within Pricing and across marketing and sales, finance, and legal departments.
- 7+ years of progressive experience, preferably with a concentration in Finance/Accounting, Pricing/Contracting, and/or Government Pricing.
The candidate must also possess the following skill sets:
- Function independently and provide the leadership required to negotiate change/compromise to drive the business forward to reach the intended goals.
- The ability to interact with and support senior level management and to partner effectively and independently in a matrix organization.
- Strong organizational, analytical, problem solving, planning and decision-making skills.
- Adapt at analyzing and summarizing data from multiple sources.
- Extensive interpersonal skills and excellent verbal and written communication skills including a comfort level with presenting to various levels of executive management.
- Strong Excel and PowerPoint technical and content strategy skills.
- The ability to manage and coordinate multiple activities and due dates, and shifting priorities, under tight timeframes.
- A highly motivated self-starter who can translate broad directions into high quality analytical output.
- Open to new ideas, creative and utilizes value-added principles in approach.
- Prior supervisory experience is preferred.
- Government Pricing experience desirable.
- Knowledge of TM1, Model N, COGNOS, Qlikview preferred.
- Bachelor’s Degree is required; BA/BS in finance/accounting, preferred, or business administration with applicable progressive business experience within contracting and pricing. MBA/CPA desirable
Significant Work Activities: Continuous sitting for prolonged periods (more than 2 consecutive hours in an 8 hour day)
Travel: Yes, 5 % of the Time
Job Type: Experienced