Manager – Business Human Resources, Clinical Development Operations
As an AbbVie Human Resources (HR) professional, you’ll be a trusted partner helping to shape our culture, support our business strategies and find and develop talent necessary to make a remarkable impact on AbbVie patients around the world.
We seek to fully develop our employees’ skills so that we can leverage AbbVie’s diversity of opinions, cultures, and experiences in all that we do. You will leverage best-in-class HR practices to continually construct, deliver and support programs that establish AbbVie as an employer of choice while empowering all employees at all levels of the organization.
Key responsibilities include:
- Responsible for conducting job evaluations, job and decision rights analysis and analyzing employee data to develop workforce strategy. Responsible for ensuring the effective delivery of all HR programs and services. Responsible for HR results in the business, including client satisfaction, HR effectiveness and associated financial results.
- Establish, build and maintain strong relationships with key HR partners from all Practice Areas and Service Centers to ensure elements of HR are successfully coordinated to meet business needs, including relationship management, leadership, HR roles/responsibilities, and service delivery commitments.
- Utilize competency model and assessment tools such as 360 assessment tool and Thomas PPA talent tool to conduct manager talent assessment and deliver reports to detail potential motivators and areas of improvement to support talent development.
- Act as ambassador of the HR organization to represent the services and resources available to the business and help manage the collective reputation of the HR organization.
- Employ consulting methods such as A3 problem solving method, 5 why framework, MECE principle, etc., as well as effective business presentation skills utilizing effective visuals and charts in Powerpoint. Responsible for compliance with applicable Corporate and Divisional Policies and Procedures.
- Assist or lead proposals and recommendations to resolve strategically important issues affecting a business segment.
- Manage and leverage human and financial resources within scope of delivered project services while supporting a segment of the business. Facilitate and implement change and ensure that day-to-day activities are moving forward.
- Manage delivery of HR services across a segment of the business. Ensure appropriate amount of resource planning is accounted for by the Practice and Service Centers to support the needs of the respective business segment.
- Understand and utilize historical and broad organizational data when weighing business HR decisions and actions. Utilize ability to identify trends and new approaches in HR and develop new approaches to business processes. Responsible for initiatives and changes to current business processes must have a clear linkage with other organizational efforts being proposed or already ongoing in the respective business.
- Assist in the diagnosis, development and delivery of HR strategies, programs and services that influence and drive the needs of the respective business. Utilize skills in data analysis and survey results analysis to help generate insights around talent, culture and engagement.
- Must be able to think creatively across a wide breadth of business segment(s) as well as deep into the respective organizations.
Role will be hired at a Manager or Specialist level based on candidate experience.
- Bachelor's degree in Human Resources, Industrial and Labor Relations or in a highly related field of study required, Master’s degree preferred.
- At least 6 years of related experience.
- Experience in conducting job evaluations, job and decision rights analysis and analyzing employee data to develop workforce strategy.
- Experience with utilizing competency model and assessment tools such as 360 assessment tool and Thomas PPA talent tool to conduct manager talent assessment and deliver reports to detail potential motivators and areas of improvement to support talent development.
- Experience with consulting methods such as A3 problem solving method, 5 why framework, MECE principle, etc., as well as effective business presentation skills utilizing effective visuals and charts in Powerpoint.
- Experience in data analysis and survey results analysis to help generate insights around talent, culture and engagement.
Key AbbVie Competencies:
- Builds strong relationships with peers and cross functionally with partners outside of team to enable higher performance.
- Learns, fast, grasps the 'essence' and can change the course quickly where indicated.
- Raises the bar and is never satisfied with the status quo.
- Creates a learning environment, open to suggestions and experimentation for improvement.
Significant Work Activities: N/A
Travel: Yes, 10 % of the Time
Job Type: Experienced