AbbVie’s mission is to discover and deliver innovative medicines that solve serious health issues today and address the medical challenges of tomorrow. We strive to have a remarkable impact on people’s lives across several key therapeutic areas: immunology, oncology, neuroscience, eye care, virology, women’s health and gastroenterology, in addition to products and services across its Allergan Aesthetics portfolio. For more information about AbbVie, please visit us at www.abbvie.com. Follow @abbvie on Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, YouTube and LinkedIn.
AbbVie Business Services Group (BSG) is working to enable greater utilization of data and analytics to drive world-class innovation, performance, and agility.
As part of its strategy, BSG is looking for a Manager of Analytics & Business Intelligence (BI) who will be responsible for planning, design, implementation of BI/Analytical solutions for BSG and its numerous customers. This position will partner with functional and business stakeholders to understand strategic business analytics requirements.
In addition, they will work closely with BSG management and project teams to provide guidance in driving solutions – along with effective issue management and communication to key stakeholders – while delivering successful end results.
Understand organization's vision, goals, and strategies. Align department priorities appropriately, determine critical success factors, evaluate and pursue initiatives based on fit with BSG strategies.
Establish and manage collaborative working relationships with key stakeholders within the Business, BTS and implementation partners, to plan, execute, monitor & improve solutions.
Work on strategies aimed to improve business reporting and planning processes utilizing continuous improvement across functions, ensuring that project commitments are achieved, compliance, and business requirements are met.
Manage analytic/reporting solutions via QlikSense/other platforms for various analytical and operational reporting needs for the business functions.
Partner with stakeholders to establish Analytics best practices and solutions related to data visualization and provide thought leadership on consolidation of reporting for operational & analytics data visualization and modelling.
Act as liaison with BTS, functional and business teams, understand business strategy and needs related to reporting analytics, and lead BTS and partner teams for development and successful implementation of dashboards, data visualization reports to provide actionable insights for business decision making.
Provide project status updates to leadership BSG team in prioritization, project strategies, manage portfolio by working with the program/project manager.
Manage the project team/budget and control resources/expenses vs. budget.
Conceive, design, and implement technology solutions by studying information needs; conferring with users; studying systems flow, data usage, and work processes; investigating problem areas; Demonstrate the ability to resolve key project hurdles and assumptions by effectively utilizing available information and technical expertise.
Demonstrate knowledge of the pharmaceutical and healthcare business, and utilize this knowledge in delivery of analytical and BI solutions.
Keeps stakeholders informed through effective verbal & written communication.
May mentor/supervise a team of one or more and guide and evaluate the performance of those individuals; is accountable for the effective performance of the team/individuals.
Understand and adhere to corporate standards regarding applicable Corporate and Divisional Policies, including code of conduct, safety, compliance, data security, and the software development lifecycle (SDLC).
- Bachelor's Degree with 5+ years experience with Analytics and/or Business Intelligence. Work experience in the pharmaceutical industry preferred.
- Strong analytical, problem solving and interpersonal skills.
- Understanding of Data Management principles & best practices
- Strong communication skills, written and verbal.
- Preferred: Experience with "data visualization tools" such as Qlik, Power BI, Tableau, other BI tools.
- Understanding of Software Development Lifecycle (SDLC) methodologies.
- Ability to prioritize and multi-task.
- Strong problem resolution skills.
- Demonstrated ability to coordinate cross-functional teams towards completion.
Knowledge and Skills Requirements:
- Good experience in business development, project delivery and client relationship management in a technology environment.
- Must be able to work within a matrix organization – balancing the needs of the customer against firm initiatives and goals
- Flexibility to adjust to multiple demands, and should be able to navigate ambiguity and rapid change in terms of project/program priorities
- Strong collaboration skills to build teams across business boundaries
- Drives operational improvements and efficiencies through implementation of rigorous process and controls, acts as a gatekeeper for quality
Significant Work Activities: Continuous sitting for prolonged periods (more than 2 consecutive hours in an 8 hour day)
Job Type: Experienced