The BTS Vendor Manager is responsible for a combination of contract, performance, financial and relationship management roles with BTS vendors. This position will work closely with Sr. BTS and business leaders to align strategic sourcing plans with business goals. The position is responsible for leading deal negotiations by understanding strategic selling methods vendors use and applying best practices to achieve the most value from the suppliers. The position is responsible for translating BTS or business functional requests into contract specifications and managing vendor performance and relationships. The position is also responsible for managing the entire contract lifecycle, which includes partnering with Corporate Purchasing and Service Delivery on the negotiation of terms and conditions from an BTS perspective, changes and modifications, compliance, and enforcement of performance clauses. Overall, the position manages the activities related to vendor relationships, contract negotiations and compliance.
• Develop relationships with BTS executives and managers to support business objectives, influence key stakeholders and jointly develop strategic sourcing strategies.
• Partner with Enterprise Architecture, Enterprise PMO and Business Leaders to establish an enterprise sourcing forecast and define deal timelines to influence deal negotiations far enough in advance to gain a competitive advantage.
• Apply vendor management best practices to develop optimal deal negotiation strategies and act as the lead during negotiations
- Bachelor's Degree in business, computer science, engineering or related field.
- Minimum 5+ years' experience negotiating and managing contract lifecycles and vendor relationships, with an emphasis on technology and/or IT service agreements, or experience as an IT vendor managing customer accounts and relationships; experience in one or more IT categories, including hardware, software, service and communication; knowledge of procurement and vendor management practices.
Significant Work Activities: Continuous sitting for prolonged periods (more than 2 consecutive hours in an 8 hour day)
Job Type: Experienced